Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just popped in to make a new thread and to say sorry that I might not be around too much as DP has decided he wants to stop ttc, for a bit anyways, I have reluctantly agreed but a bit, well, you can imagine, so if I am not around as much as normal don't think I'm ignoring you all as I'm not.
x

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nikki we will all miss you please keep popping in ^missyou^
Chantelle welcome  :) great to have another chatter on the thread.
Well girls went for my follie scan yesterday and all looking good, so up for EC tomorrow will let you know how I get on, of course had a freaky fit tonight because DH came back from the dentist and has had 3 jaw xrays ... I instantly went into despair thinking all the "little men from atlantis" would be damamged for tomorrow when he has to give his contribution ... had to phone the clinic and speak to a Dr, they said it was fine as it was only local xrays and in any event would only ever affect those spermies being made not the ones due to do their stuff tomorrow... a bad moment though I have to say poor DH just stood in the living room looking at me as i freaked  ;D Well off to start dinner but hope to catch up with you all tomorrow. Charlotte glad the test went well.

Lots of love
Sara  :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nikki enjoy your little rest from TTC  :) We will miss you indeed  :-*

Channy  ^hello^ and WELCOME to the greatest site  ^banana^

Sara  ^goodluck^

Charlotte I am like you, sleep for 7 then could nap all day  :(  Must be our sugar levels and of course the weather  :( Today was miserable and I felt drained wishing I could sleep all day. I am also taking 7 kinds of vit  ;D ( hear me rattling  ;D) and some days I am fine, some not. I found going to bed earlish helps  :) although now I am watching hell's kitchen and i end up in bed at about 12am  ::)

^Cuddle^

G

·
Hi MrsR and Gwen

Thanks for the replies. Can I ask what vits you are taking, I kn ow it may or may not help but it's worth a go.

I have got to go back and have a fasting blood test done on the 9/5 as they broke my sample from last week :mad:. I don't know weather I want it to show + or - for insulin Resistance. I would just like some answers to what is wrong.

Nikki I do hope that you come back to us soon. I know how you feel sweetie. My DH and I have really slowed down on the ^BMS^ and I mean I'm lucky if its once a month. DH Say's that he is sick of seeing me so upset when AF arrives every month that he could not take seeing me upset anymore :'( :'(. I love him for it but it hurts so much. The longer we leave it the longer it will take. We will ^missyou^. Please take care :-*.

Love Charlotte

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hiya Charlotte  ^hugme^

So fasting blood test will show up whether you are insulin resistance?
I am going to nag my doc to have that blood test done. I feel very energy low in the afternoons  :( felt dizzy too for some reason :( I think my sugar levels went right down and i felt like eating a horse, so had some bread to eat and feel better now. Do you feel like that Charlotte?

Here is the vit i am taking:

Multivit + Iron
Magnesium 300mg
Vit b complex
Vit c & zinc
Pycnogenol 30mg
Vit b6 50mg
Evening primrose Oil 1050mg

Told you I rattle  ;D

Girlies any info whther I shouldn't be taking some of these while trying to conceive will be appreciated  :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi friends,
Mrs R a fasting blood test will definitely show whether you are insulin resistent and yes you should nag your Dr but I have to say that I feel very low in the afternoon until I eat and i am not insulin resistent so we could just be more sensitive to blood sugar levels. Your vits sound great ad were almost exactly what I was recommended to tak as well to try and conceive (except the nutritionist suggested Mag 2:Cal nstead of just Mag as it is absorbed better - Biocare do a good one).

Had EC yesterday .... they retrieved 24 eggs (omg thank you, please please let them be good ones), I am very very sore today (could barely walk yesterday after the proceedure was hobbling around but better today), the clinic did scare me about OHSS so am drinking until I cannot face the sight of fluid anymore. Have to phone today to find out how many fetilise so sitting here a bit of a nervous wreck. I so badly want this cycle to be the one, it was really tough this time round and if it fails I think we will be taking some time off from ttc too.

Love to you all will let you know when i have any news  :eek:

Sara x 

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello,

Just thought I would join in your chat, I was diagnosed with having PCOS at the beginning of the year after going private (NHS told me unexplained for 2 years) so went for 2nd opion I have no usual symptoms of PCOS the diagnose was down to ultrasound scan showing my ovaries to be 40% larger,  I have a an ovarian drilling on Tuesday at Harley Street Fertility Clinic and was wondering if anyone had, had this done when they already ovulate, as it seems to me reading on the net that this op is done for women that don't ovulate and I do and have a regular period every 28 days. The doc said it was to regulate my hormones, so I am hoping this will work for me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Lysa I have had ovarian drilling done twice and I do ovulate, not sure about the effect on hormones as my LH still remained high afterwards but it does seem to improve the quality of eggs in polcystic ovaries apparently it can help  'open' a conception window for up to 1 year afterwards (at least that's what my clinic said) and I did get pregnant at least twice after having the drilling done.
Best of luck

G

·
MrsR  My god you do rattle  :p  and yes I do feel like that.  I have just got up as I did my first night shift last night  ^scared^.  But I know that at about 5pm I will fall asleep.  But even when I am not working I can go to bed at 10 get up at 7.30 and fall asleep again at 4 - 4.30.

sarad glad your EC went well I am sending you  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ for et and the bfp that you want.

Hope everyone else is well

Love Charlotte

·
Registered
65 Posts
chazz said:
MrsR My god you do rattle :p
^roflmao^ with words too ;D
I can sleep all day ::) get up at 7am fall asleep at 9am and sleep, sleep, sleep :( I also suffer from restless leg syndrome ::) if i lay in bed for too long my left leg starts aching and i have to get up ::) How convenient that when I get up it stops hurting ::) ;D MY DP says he has a rubber doll at work and keeps putting needles through hence me getting the pain ;D ;D ;D

Sara thanks for the info. :-* Will get Mag 2 and that test done :) all doc's should do fasting bloodtest automatically once PCOS is detected, but they don't unfortunately ::) :(
Good luck with your eggies hun :-* Hope you will get ^BFP^ soon :)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hi girls, thought i'd drop in and say HI!! Got a question for you though after reading all the other threads, I was diagnosed with pcos but also endo and i commenced tx with clomid, this didnt work for me and was wondering if i should be asking my gp about metformin as this was never offered to me, i didnt respond well to the clomid and have no probs with weight or excessive hair but do have bad mood swings  ^evil^, can anyone help??
I've realised i know hardly anything about pcos as endo has dominated my life for so long, send me to the scrap heap  ;D

Hope you are all fine, im trying to get to know you all by reading the posts, i'll get there, eventually  ;D
Love to you all
Chantelle x

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi Channy  ^wave^

It's worth asking your GP about metformin. It would be interesting what he/she will say  :) My GP said that i would benefit from it and told me to talk to my fertility consultant about it. Roll on 7th June, I am up for it  ;D

I want metformin because i heard a lot of good outcomes from it. There is somebody on here that dion't have period for a long time and after taking Metformin af showed up. Plus girls get pregnant on it. I know it doesn't work on everyone but it is worth trying.

When will you be going to see your GP?

xxx

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi ladies and hi newbies - nice to see fresh blood (so to speak) posting.

Awwwww Gwen, sorry to read your postm, I hope you and DH are a bit happier?  Please feel free to IM me.......me and DP are talking things through, been a hard week and a lot of my tears have been shed but we are slowly building bridges I think and hope - for a while felt like this wedding wasn't going ahead.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hi MrsR, Thanx for replying so soon, am seeing my GP 9th May, have so much to ask her!!! I'm so sick of being fobbed off all the time!!
I hope you are fine x

Keep Smiling Girls  ;D
Lots of Love
Chantelle

·
Registered
65 Posts
Chantelle (what a beautiful name  :)) keep us posted what results you will get from your GP  :) I didn't from my Gp but at least he said that I would benefit from metformin  :)

Go girl  ^clapping^ and don't let them fobb you off anymore, sometimes docs are so ignorant and it's us that have to put ideas in their heads  ::)  Very frustrating ^furios^

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nikki, just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you keep talking with your dp you will work it all out, as long as you are talking you can make things better and if you can get through all this you will both be so much stronger (sorry to sound a bit "american chat show host" but hope you know what I mean).

Chantelle keep us posted  :)

I had ET today (day3) - we got 10 embies all grade 4 out of 4 so that is looking better than last time, they put back an 8 cell and a 6 cell ... the others will be cultured until Mon and if they become blastocysts they will freeze them (my clinic doesn't freeze any earlier) so fingers crossed. I have to say that whilst it was great having 24 eggies collected, I have been so uncomfortable the last few days since EC -  my stomach is very swollen and for a while I couldn't eat or drink without a really bad tummy ache and if my bladder fills just a little it is really uncomfortable (sorry tmi  ;D) so I was a bit worried about et today. Sure enough nightmare scenario, when I arrive today I'm told that there is a delay of 1 hour ... not fun with an already bulging bladder and of course when I got into the transfer room and managed to just about lie flat on the table without wetting myself the nurse starts running the water to wash her hands ... well I don't know about you but the sound of running water gets me everytime  ;D I had to beg to go to the toilet just a little (which they did let me) and afterwards I just leapt off the table and headed for the toilet sign with my dh shouting "can't you just lie still for 5 mins longer ..." ehrr no !!! Then of course I became convinced that the hatchlings had fallen out (I know they can't but you get these weird thoughts!). Anyway now I am finally in the 2ww, I am so tired - woke up at 7.30am (scared about phoning the clinic in case they said they had all stopped growing - see what a state I am in !!! ). Anyway sorry for the me blurb ...

Love to you all
Sara  :)

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
sara

GOOD LUCK and loads of ^fairydust^ for your 2ww!!

hi everyone else
Was just wndering about my pcos ( as you do !) :) and i sometimes find it really hard to establish if a symptom i have is related to my pcos or not , like feeling tired most of the time and struggling to get motivated etc, do any of you feel like this sometimes?

love suzie aka olive xx

·
Registered
174 Posts
Suzie I do feel tired sometimes and also constant aching which I think we get used to .. what I find incredible is that my identical twin sister just got checked over and no PCOS at all ... not a single cyst anywhere ... obviously some environmental factor triggers the development but pretty weird ?! Hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday ... my dh is not allowing me to move in case I dislodge the embies which is sweet but really frustrating as well because i am not used to being inactive all day ... my bum hurts from too much sitting on the sofa  ;D, well it's day 5 of the 2ww now for me so I guess the embies will be looking to implant around pretty soon if they're going to .... I've got to stay positive!!
Sara x

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi all,

Just like to say "HI" and may i please join you all?

I am 34, name Julie and have PCOS, and left tube blocked, at the moment i am taking metformin, just started in the last week. I have had many MC's and hoping that this is the teatment to help me.

Wishing you all luck and hope we all get a BFP very soon.

Julie

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.