Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Having been a pcos sufferer i thought i'd just let you know what has happened to me, and if it helps one of you then i'll be so pleased!

I was diagosed with pcos about 13 months ago.

I had all the blood tests done and ultrasounds and had to go on clomid.  At this time i started seeing an acupuncturist and i totally changed my diet. (Read Zita west's book from cover to cover!)
I gave up diary products, only eat organic food, try not to have any additives or preservatives, stopped drinking fizzy drinks(i loved my diet coke!) and stopped using any oil or fats (apart from olive oil) and gave up all sugary things! A nightmare you may think but within 2 weeks i felt loads better, more energy, skin was clear and glowing and i lost those few niggling pounds!

I have sort of kept up this healthly eating adding a few glasses of wine here and there etc and one treat night a week, (i can eat whatever i want!!)

Well, have just had blood tests done again and it shows i am no longer suffering from pcos, they are all back to normal! The doctor was amazed and could only put this down to diet and acupuncture, I have had another ultrasound scan and still have few follicles on just one ovary where as before i had loads over both!

This doesn't help me at this stage because my tubes are also blocked but my dietatian is sorting out diet that will hopefully help recify this, in the meantime we are starting ivf.

I hope that this will help somebody, if my tubes were ok the doctor says he's 99% sure i would conceive naturally!

Good luck to you all

Lots of love

Emmak ^reiki^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi
i have PCOS as well and would like to change my diet to try and improve the symptoms but wasn't sure if it would work. As it has worked so well  :) for you i will give it a try. Could you tell me the title of Zita West's book that you referred to.
Thanks
Jotty

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Emma
Thanks for the encouragement. I am following the PCOS diet by Collette Harris and Theresa Cheung. It is basically the same as Zita West I have been on it for 5 weeks now and have also seen a fantastic improvement! I didn't have periods on my own before and I have already had 1!! I have also been taking the herb agnus castus to regulate my cycles, however I have had some breakthrough bleeding so not sure what that is all about yet. Anyway I have too lost weight and my skin is clearer which is great news! Hooray!
Love
Helen x x x x x
PS - Good luck with the IVF!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Thanks to you all for your nice posts! It is amazing isn't it that by what you put into your body the different ways it reacts!!

Jotty, Zita west's book is called 'fertility and conception' i got it from whsmith for £14.99. Each time i have new test etc i look up what is happening and read all her advice, best book i've read!! Hope it works for you!

Good luck to you all,

Lots of love
Emmak

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Emmak

I also had pcos

I was dx with it in 1994 had a scan about 6 weeks ago and now told i dont have it, i am trying to push my gp for bloods to confirm that this really is the case as this was the original reason for me being unable to conceive.

Brilliant news, good luck for the ivf hun hope it goes well and gets a BFP!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emilyxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts