Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

pcos key hole surgery

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Amba 
#1 ·
i was diagnosed with pcos at the age of 15 i have bad facial hair i have tried to committe suicide cos of it i have tried every tablet going i have read about surgery has anyone done it as im scared any comments please i need help

#2 ·
Hello hun

Welcome :)  I had a friend who had bad PCOS and suffered with bad facial hair, she had it removed with laser's through Boots the chemist.  It was'nt cheap but the results were fantastic. I think she had the treatments over the course of a year. She has to go back once a year for a one off session of laser removel just to keep the hair follicles at bay, but she was really really pleased with the results. I don't know if this is an option for you as it was rather expensive, perhaps its available on the NHS ??

Good luck with getting some treatments
Amanda xx

#3 ·
Hello

Sorry I can't help on the surgery question but wanted to ask if you have tried the herb Saw Palmetto?  It is generally used to treat prostate conditions in men but I have been reading about its use in the treatment of PCOS.  It apparently has strong anti-androgenic properties i.e. it suppresses testosterone and has been shown to help hirsuitism in cases of PCOS.  I haven't tried it but have been looking in to it.  You can get it from Holland and Barrett (they have an on-line store).  If in doubt see a herbalist first but there are no reported side effects.  Most of these things need to be tried for 3-6 months to see if they really work.

Hope this helps and hopefully someone can answer your surgery question.

Fluffs xxx

#4 ·
hey u!, your not "suffering alone" hun, there loads of us, all in a simialar situation, u just need to find people in a sitution like u r.  :)

its not nice, i know, but this web is great to find likewise people.

I felt sooooooo depressed when i first logged on to this site, thinkin i was alone, but theres people here that have been through wot ur going through, and going through even more, there still surviving, and u will too.

U can get loadsa advice from here, everyone here on this site seems to be great, i hope you keep logging on, have a chat, get advice, share stories, theres remedies to most things and now u have come to the right place i hope/think u will find answers to your problems.

I wish u luck hun, contact me if u wanna chat.

^fairydust^

#5 ·
Hi

Laser is definately the best way to go and believe me it will restore your confidence. Why not try going to a salon and asking them if they offer something like soft light laser. They'll be able to give you a consultation and check that it is suitable for your skin type.

The price may be an issue but it is worth checking a few places out first.

Amba

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.