Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently had blood tests and a scan to see whether i have PCOS. I have a slightly bulky uterus, oily skin hair growth on chin, neck and lower abdomen and irregular periods. The blood tests suggest that i have PCOS but there are no cysts showing on my ultra sound scan. I have since started taking 'agnus castus' (would you advise this?)and am due to see my obgyn in Jan but would like a bit of feedback if that is ok?? Also i am ttc .

Thanks

Joanne

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi Joanne

The hospital told me that they think i suffer from PCOS but like you i never had any cysts on my scans. They decided that i had it because i over responded to the drugs while doing IVF.
I took agnus castus for a while too as i guessed it was worth a try. I was recently prescribed metformin for 3 months befor i did my ivf cycle.
I also have a bit of a hairy chin which has got worse since i am now pregnant!!! Actually hair is everywhere now- something to look forward to!

I always had regular periods but always 39 day. Have you checked out the page where people with pcos post? They may have more answers for you.

All the best
Fiona

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for that!!

Congratulations!!! Does the two babies on your timeline mean you are having twins???  :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi Joanne

Yes i am having twins- due on 8th June.

Fiona

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dear Joanne,
I am in exactly the same situation - all the symptoms of PCOS but no cysts show on scan - how can this be? :-\
Not sure if we may have a general 'hormone inbalance'.  How did you get on with the 'agnus castus'?
Soozeee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts