Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just your community and this is my first post, so a bit nervous! I am 31. Started my period when I was 9 and never got more than one or two periods a year. Being Indian, my mum never took me to a doctor to have me checked out and kept on saying that once I get married everything will be OK. Had an arranged marriage when I was 19 and came over to the UK from the middleeast to join hubby over 11 years ago. Periods never became regular and after 2 years of trying, I got pregnant in 2001 and had a beautiful daughter. Then a year later, on boxing day I started to bleed very heavily after having no periods for over 6 months. Went to Mayday A&E and at that time, they did not do scanning over the weekend. I got told I was pregnant and after three days of morphine and the worst pain/suffering ever, they scanned me to only realise that it was an ectopic and rushed me into theatre. Apparently, the pregnancy was past the period in which it could survive in the tube and the tube burst in me. I nearly died , lost my left tube and the whole experience was very traumatic. After a couple of months, we started trying again and have been for the past 8 years. I got referred to the fertility clinic over a year ago and they did all sorts of tests during which I was also diagnosed with PCOS. Since the ectopic, I went from a size 8 to a size 14  without any major of diet or lifestyle. I got put on metformin 500 mg, thrice daily and after 4 months of taking this, finally got my period (after 14 months!) on 01.12.10. I was also given Clomid 100 mg. They scanned me regularly and found a 16mm follicle in left ovary on CD17. I then did opk at home and had a positive LH surge on CD 18. Hubby & I have tried a few times since and I have got everything crossed, lets see if its worked! Have massive cramps, guess they are ovulation cramps.

Is there anyone out there who had same problems as me and had happy endings? It's so disheartening that all my in-laws have so easily got pregnant and have two or more kids. All my friends and cousins are same. They have all written me off from the list of who will ever have more babies and its so so sad. My daughter is so desperate to have a brother or sister and I feel so helpless.  :-[

·
Registered
253 Posts
Welcome to ff!

I have a positive story (you can see my sig below) but not exactly the same situation as yourself. It must have been very traumatic when you had the ectopic, how awful.

You sound to be doing what you can re the PCOS with the Clomid and Metformin, just keep trying! I do believe a positive attitude and trying to be calm about it all can work wonders  ;D

Best wishes
Sandy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi!

Mine's very similar but I've been TTC for 2 years since my Ectopic. My right tube ruptured with an Ectopic pregnancy, like you I nearly died the Dr said if I hadn't come in that day I wouldn't be here now. It was also traumatic for me and its only been the last month or so I've started to move on from it. Last july I found out I have PCOS which seems to have started since my Ectopic as with my first child I got pregnant straight away, and then the ectopic it was first month again.

I was prescribed Metformin but it made me feel so ill I can't take it. I had a Lap & Dye in September which showed my remaining tube is absolutley fine and my PCOS was mild but she wanted me on 3 Metformin a day. But as I said I can't take it, I haven't seen her since September and my next appointment is next tuesday. I really don't know what the next step will be x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.