Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people have told me that having PCOS gives me a higher chance of having to abort an IVF cycle due to hyperstimulation. I have been offered a treatment to abate the PCOS a bit (not a cure, but will have things under better control) but my husband feels odd about the idea because it is only offered alongside the contraceptive pill, which is about as opposite from our intentions as we can possibly get! Although we have been given a 0% chance of natural conception it really seems crazy to take the Pill even if it eventually gives us a boost.

Does anyone know more about this? The doctors are a bit gung-ho really, they just say that if anything goes wrong they will stop treatment, but we could never afford our own cycle so each NHS one needs a good chance of going to completion.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Clarabel

...  I just wanted to give you a few words of encouragement.  I do know someone (who gave me some advice when I started down the IVF route) who has PCOS.  They had ICSI (due to male factor infertility also) and succeeded first time around!  So - stay positive!

Womble

·
Registered
124 Posts
dear clarabel.... ::)

i also have pcos, although im lucky i dont really have the weight issue to contend wiht that much or the ohter side effects but i do have the conception prob., :'( been trying for five years and one miscarriage later im on a frozzen cycle right now.....

ive had ivf last year and miscarried and now on a frozen cycle. the hospital told me the same thing that if i hyperstimulated that they would cnacel, dont worry just be calm and believe in your self but also know the sighns as its life threatnening as well..  i really freaked out wen they said that they would cancel it but i suppose they must tell you (i just felt that the hsptial could have been not soo dramatic about it) i was fine and got thru it but strangley wen i did iui i over stimulated 2twice and that was cancelled..

i hope that makes you feel a bit better..  not all wiht pcos hyperstimulate. but they have to be careful and tell you.....

im sure you will be just fine prayers and wishes for you and ur partner.

love babysmile :)
x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.