Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth.

I've been trying to conceive for 3 months now - not long I know.  7 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS, and took Microgynon since then to curb the symptoms.  Got married last year and then we decided to try for a baby.  I was just wondering if PCOS is a permanent condition?  Once you have it, will it always be there? 
I have had textbook periods since coming off the pill in October and no PCOS symptons have appeared again. 
I'm asking because I'm not sure whether to visit my GP and ask if anything can be done to see if I'm still suffering from PCOS.
Any advice welcome.

Hoppy

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
PCOS is always there but the severity of the symptoms can vary which I think is what is happening. If you are getting regular af's, do check if you are ovulating by either opk if you get a negative and then a positive (PCOS can sometimes mean opk's are of no use as you can have a high level of LH at the time), temp chart or cm observance. If you are ovulating then leave it 3 more months before contacting your GP but if no ovulation then go to them now.

Ruth

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Hiya Hoppy
I think Ruth's answered your question ;)
If you have any more, why don't you come and have a look at the PCOS threads.
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,13.0.html
There are the usual signs/symptoms as well as recommended reading etc etc
Between us all, we have a WIDE range of symptoms ;D ,some mild and some severe, so I'm sure you will find someone with the same issues

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask :) :)

Shelley ^hugme^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts