Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice.

When I went for initial gynae consultation for endometriosis, I was told I also had polycystic ovaries.

I never really had any symptoms but since I had Toby I seem to be getting much more hair growth, it's gone mad.  I am also finding I am putting on weight too.

Has anyone had any treatment for PCOS which reduces hair growth and maybe also assists with weight loss?

It doesn;t have to be treatment that assists with conception.

I would like some info before I go back to my GP as he can be a bit clueless.

Thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
hi

there is a drug called diannette that is given to pcos sufferers to help with the hair growth etc , it is a form of contraception pill, i was offered it before ttc as is supposed to help with the pcos symptoms.
Also metformin really helps too, not only with ttc but weight loss and hair growth etc
hope this helps

love
suzie aka olive xx

G

·
Hi Vicky

I am on Metformin for my pcos and it has helped with the rapid hair growth.  It has done wonders for my weight all in all I have lost over 2 stone ^scared^.  I don't know if you have any problems with your AF but I did and the metformin has helped me have my first AF in 2 year's.  It has also helped with the moods and depression that is associated with pcos.

i do hope tis helps

Charlotte :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi girls thanks for that.

Yes I have always had irregular AF ever since I was about 17, sometimes I would only have 2 a year, but more recently was 1 every 2-3 months.

The only time it ahs been regualr is when taking the pill.

I have made an appt to see GP - typically I have to wait 3 weeks....!

Thanks again, will ask him about both options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.