Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have PCOS (recently diagnosed, 1st gyn apt 25th Jan). I was just wondering if anyone is similar to me.

I have irregular periods, no ovulation, excess hair, oily skin and acne, not overweight.

If anyone has how are you getting treated.

I am also ttc.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hello there

I too have similiar problems to you, I have just had my first AF (period) since September, I very rarely ovulate from what I have left. I was overweight but have lost weight and had a slight improvement in symtoms.

I am on Metformin, which a lot of the other girls are on too, it seems to be helping my PCOS quite a bit.

Best of luck
Chick

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Jo,
I had a blood test about 1 1/2 yrs ago and was told i have PCOS. :(
I was re-tested a yr later and the Drs then said actually I didn't. :)
I had an ultra sound but no cysts showed on my ovaries. :)
  However, I have all the typical symptoms (facial hair, very irregular periods etc - hence the inital reason for seeing Dr.) :(
Am now ttc for 6mnth and feel that without knowing when I'm gonna ovulate it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack! ^reiki^
Would enjoy a chat as you seem in a very similar boat to me! ;D
hope your visit to Dr went well.
Soozeee

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello

I too am recently diagnosed (gynea Jan 17th) i have all the symptoms, excess hair, overweight, altho i have AF every 28-37 days they tell me this is irregular, to be honest i dont understand about seeing how u ovulate. We have been ttc for 9 months. I have had an internal scan and am due another one this month - which showed no cysts other than a 'funtional one' this was in december (giving the impression i ovulated) i get a lot of right ovary pain.

i am not taking anything at the moment, i am trying to contrrol it with diet - a good book is PCOS Diet Book by Colette Harris - even if u dont need to loose weight it really answers some questions.

let us know what gynea says - i have a blood condition called ITP so a lot of the drug options wont be right for me.

i find it all quite confusing, altho the girls on this site are really helpful

Take care

Gems xx

·
Registered
119 Posts
i was told i had pcos on the 29th dec i have regular af but  dont ovulate and havent for nearly two yearsi'm overweight, spotty, hairy ( god dont i sound beautiful lol) have now been put on metformin and at the last clinic appt i was told after a internal scan that i have a follicle they seem to think it means i'm going to ovulate so why aint i so sure?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts