Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have PCOS. I realised I had this when I came off the pill years ago and had terrible acne.
My periods were extremely irregular and I started taking supplements to basically feel better. I then had an unwanted pregnancy, PCOS is not a major disorder so don't worry, you can get pregnant.
I'd recommend taking agnus castus, evening primrose oil, a vitamin B supplement, milk thistle plus lots of others which you will find recommended in leaflets/on websites etc.
If you are overweight, losing weight should be your first step, as even a small loss can help. You should also try to do some exercise and eat healthily.
Good luck! x

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi doll,
i have just found out i have pcos and i am over weight and i am on a diet to lose the weight but finding it hard to do but i will do it and i will feel better has i am calling myself a freak about having the pcos, with having the hairs on my chin and belly button i call myself a freak again, and my friends and family are saying i am not.
the doctors have put me on the dianette pill to help with my periods and it is working but it surpose to help with the unwanted hair but i have seen a difference but they keep growing back, so the consultant said i may have to have the laser treatment to get rid of it.
i am 26 years old but i have had irregular periods since i was 15 and the female doctor i went to when i was 15 said i should be grateful that i don't have periods what a thing to say i could of had pcos then but i don't know with her saying that.
i hope that you will e mail with any other advice for a new person with pcos my e mail address is
take care from sara

* email deleted by admin. Please use the personal message system*

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi doll,
I think people with pcos all suffer differently, as I'm not over weight and i eat healthily, I've also tried loads of different supplements etc and nothing has worked as yet.
Kia.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts