Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

the previous post on soya takes you to the link for the report by the BBC on Soya & infertility.  It also mentions peas and beans.  This is such a vague statement........................
does anyone know is this just green peas & the normal 'heinz' type beans or does it include all peas & beans.........butter beans, red kidney beans, split yellow peas, chick peas, to name a few, unfortunately I eat loads of all of them ^feedback^

Sheelz
x

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone got any comment please???

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I assumed it was normal Garden Green Peas ..... didnt really think about Butter/Baked/Chick etc until now!  ??? 
To be honest, I'm not sure, but then I'm taking this advice with a pinch of salt.  I think Peans and Beans are good for you, especially if like me you're a veggie, and I think a little won't harm you.  I also agree that its very vague .... anyone else know any more detail?

Marie xx

·
Registered
299 Posts
my doc said garden green peas had lots of folic acid in - so hope they are ok as have bean(!) eating loads!

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
I would say the same as Marielou - I eat lots of beans as I am veggie - every so often things pop up in the media - I wouldn't take too much notice until proper and full tests have been carried out. 

Remember when they said an apple was bad for you and then they said a packet of crisps wasn't as bad as an apple, then all of a sudden crisps are bad because of salt - hmmmmmmm - everything in moderation I think is fine. 

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I've read in several places that normal old garden peas have a contraceptive effect! :eek: The same goes for mange tout... :-\ I used to grow both in my veggie garden and sit outside in the sun and pop them out of the pod straight into my gob!
Not any more...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.