Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I am currently researching clinics and have been in contact with Pedieos IVF Center. I have gotten some basic information but am still waiting on the costs from them. I did receive one email from them but it didn't state the price and they have not replied to my second email asking.

Do any of you know how much they are charging for Egg Donation IVF/ICSI?

Any other info would be great if any of you have been there?

Thanks for your help
Cailin

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hello Cailin

Just browsing and i came across your message. I also have a low ovairian reserve and have been in contact with Pedios who did get back to me with prices for DE. I was quoted £2700 (sterling) but this does not include the scans, blood tests and drugs for IVF. I have asked them to find me a donor and completed the questionnaire but havnt heard from them for a couple of weeks. I have found they dont respond that quick either. Try a follow up email asking if they got your first one, that usually prompts them to respond.

It would be interesting to see how you get on, let me know.

Sue
X

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sue
I have sent them a follow up email so am waiting to hear back. I will let you know if I hear anything. To be honest if they are this bad at replying that would kind of put me off a little bit. But the price you quoted is very good? How did it compare to the other clinics you looked at?

xx

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also contacted Cyprus, and got the price of 2700.  I don't know of any clinics which include blood work, scans and drugs.  My last 2 attempts in Spain (1 fresh, 1 frozen) from the same donor cycle cost me Euros 12,000, and THAT was excluding the blood, scans and drugs.

Don't know if I can afford to return to the same clinic as they offer no discount on a return donor cycle.

Ouch!!!

Jacqueline

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hello Cailin & Jacquline

Well i havnt heard anything from them. Yes it does make you think 'well are they any good' if they dont return your mails but i suppose being in the position we're in we sometimes accept a little more in this case. I'm just hoping they do contact me with a donor but its got me thinking, what if with the scans and bloods the price rises to UK ones? is it still worth going with them as travel costs go ontop as well.

Have you heard anymore?

Let me know. Also it would be good to hear from anyone who's had treatment there and has been successful.

take care
XX

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi girls,

Well I finally heard back from them today and got a couple of replies to my emails - I think because I was online at the same time as the assistant. They apologised for the delay in replying.

I got the following prices from them today:

IVF € 3000
Ovum Donation € 4500 (including preparation by Pedieos)*
ICSI € 500
Embryo Donation € 4870
Sperm Donor € 370
Embryo Freezing € 450
Frozen Embryo Transfer € 370
Ovum Donation + FISH € 7000
IVF-PGD € 6500

In the email it said the drugs i would need would be about 55 euro. No mention of test costs but i assume these are dependent on where you live as you will do the tests in your home country.

It would be great if we could get some feedback on anyone who has had treatment there :-X

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Cailin

Im totally confused now. If i need edd donation to use with my dh sperm then thats referred to ovum donation isnt it? So the price for that is 4500 euros and 55 for the drugs. So that doesnt make sense as the price i got quoted was 2700 sterling. Am i not getting something here?

Pls advise as really baffeld with the price now.

Thanks

Sue

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi All

Okay now I am confused! I want the £2700 price! Quick online check and 4500 euro = £3600 so the quote you guys got is defo better by nearly a grand.

Maybe it would help if you could all check what you asked for a quote for? Maybe they are quoting us for different things? I got the prices I posted sent to me in a MS Word document called ' Prices-EUR'. I am going to email them and ask for clarification but that might take a while for an answer.

Will let you know what their answer is....
xxx

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Cailin

Just a quick message, i received an email quoting the price. I have emailed again and will let you all know what i get back.

XX

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay

I got a reply and it turns out I was quoted the price for the rest of Europe and not the UK. So they sent me the price list for the UK ('Prices-UK' document) and it is as follows:

PRICE LIST FOR IVF AND OVUM DONATION
Treatment Price
Ovum Donation ICSI ₤ 2750
Sperm Donor (2 vials) ₤ 450
Embryo Donation ₤ 2750 + ₤ 450
Embryo Freezing ₤ 375
Frozen Embryo Transfer ₤ 480

So I guess it all depends on where you live......not sure how that applies to me since I am Irish, with Scottish husband and a home in UK and living in the UAE! Think I will just qualify myself for the cheapest price! Makes you wonder though if other clinics quote different prices for different nationalities?
xxx

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Cailin

Thanks for the info.

Well those prices are what i was quoted. Still havnt received a response back from them though. It was UK Sterling (pounds) and not euro is that right?

I'll email again and hopefully will get a response.

XX

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes its in pounds sterling
xx

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hi Cailin

Right, ive been in touch with Pedios and vice versa. They have got a donor in mind and i plan to go over in 1st week of aug for ET. I have been told to start the pill on my next bled and then estrogon tablets when they say. Have you hrad anything back from them?

I have booked my flight and accomodation so i hope nothing goes wrong now. Im excited but also nervous and scared. They close the clinic from the 10th aug for 2 weeks so this has to be done before then. They have used the donor in question before and the person i spoke to said she has produced well before. All i know is her hair colour and eyes and all checks for hiv etc have been done on her. I will need a scan at some point before i travel so im going to try and get a clinic to do it here, which will be expensive. Otherwise i will have to have it when i arrive in cyprus.

Let me know how your getting on and i'll keep you posted if you want.

XX

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Cailin

I just want to check with you about the price again. We were also quoted £2750 for ED but I'm wondering if this is Cyprus pounds - do they use the "£" symbol as well as us.  In which case the quote of £2750 may not be in sterling? Hope I haven't confused things more.

Javlin

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Javlin

Sorry for not replying sooner but was on a hiatus from FF!! Go through phases of not being able to get off it to avoiding it completely.... Anyway, I think the prices are quoted in pounds sterling. Cyprus uses Euros now (in the south) and turkish lira in the north.

We have decided not to use this clinic but looks like Sue has so hopefully we will hear all about how she gets in there.

Good Luck
Cailin x

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi folks

Well it looks like we should be heading to Pedieos in December.  Not sure of date yet but either just before or after Christmas.

Anyone else heading out there soon?  Would be great to chat to anyone is just back or just heading out there.

Javlin  :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
hello girls,
I have contacted them about the price, I am interested in embryodonation and they write to me:
> DEAR MADAME,WE WILL BE GLAD TO OFFER YOU ALL RELEVANT INFORMATION.WHEN YOU
> SAY EMBRYO DONATION ,DO YOU MEAN OVUM DONATION OR DONATION OFBOTH EGG AND
> SPERM?THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.
> REGARDING PRICES ,WE HAVE 2 OFFERS.THE CLASSICAL ONE WHICH IS EURO
> 5000+-500.THE SECOND OFFER COSTS EUROS 7500 WHICH YOU PAY ONLY IF YOU
> SUCCEED,IE YOU PAY NOTHING IF YOU FAIL!!

Is that possible ? Have you heard somethings about that.
I ask them to explain me what does it mean exactly but they only send me the forms.
Mel

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Mel

Sorry I cant help you out here.  Dont remember hearing anything about that.  We are going for Ovum donation.  We certainly havent been told that if it fails we dont pay anything.  Dont know of many clinics that would be like that.  If I find out any more info I will certainly let you know.

Javlin  :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts