Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone snapper here going to pedioes the end of the month any info would be so great where we could stay where to eat etc thanks

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Snapper I had ed in pedieos in july 10, BFN , I recieved an email to say my doner is shedulled for feb mar this year and I cant wait. We stayed in Larnaca in a hotel last time , taxis are quite expensive and car hire is soooo cheap.hire a car on line and from the Airport. this time we are going to rent an appartment . dont book flights untill the last minute if you sare going for ED they can change the dates at the last minute ,hope this helps a little and best of luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi
We went to Pedeios in Oct 10 and did get BFP but unfortunately had a missed miscarriage so we are on the waiting list once again. 
Can I ask, how long have you waited for the donor proposal?  We were initially on the list for 3 months as advised but not sure how long it is a the mo.
We stayed at an apartment in Pyla, not far from Larnaca which we found on holiday rentals, the owner was very helpful as we had to book at the last minute.  You would defo need a car if you stayed there.  It was lovely but a bit remote.  We would however, stay there again the next time we go.
We also booked a hire car on line before we travelled, I think it was about £150.
Food seems to be quite expensive in Cyprus and we couldnt find a decent supermarket anywhere near Larnaca but there is one on the way out from Nicosia, cant remember the name but its next to IKEA off the A1.  Next time we go we will be taking tea, coffee and a few other bits etc.
A map would also be useful if you are driving about.  We had problems finding the clinic the first trip so make sure you leave plenty of time.
If you need any more info then you could also PM.  I dont come on FF very often so will receive your message via email.
If I dont hear anything from you then I wish you the best of luck.  They are all lovely at Pedeios.  The lack of communication was very frustrating at first but the next time we go we wont panic as much as we will know the ropes.
xxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Soooo Sorry about your miscarriage . we are on the waiting list since aug for our second go and I have just had word that our doner will be ready in march so it has been alot longer than we hoped for, Great tip about taking tea coffee etc. yes it was a bit frustrating first time with lack of communication but we are more prepared this time round. the staff were verry friendly although the clinic could do with some updateing. wishing you the best of luck in your next cycle ^pray^

·
Registered
25 Posts
Arrr thank you, it was hard but we just want to get on with the next go now.

Wow, yes you have waited a long time.  Did you have any specific requirements or is that the waiting time now?
Maria didnt specify a time but we waited for 3 months initially for the first donor proposal. 

I will probably wait until Feb time then contact them and see where we are upto.

Good luck for March. x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

No we didnt have any specific requirements . I just think with the clinic closed in aug and then Christmas time it probably makes the list a bit longer in that period.  I just cant wait to get started ,  its sooo exciting, fingers and toes crossed  ^pray^ . Yes I would do the same ,just give them a we bell in feb and see where you stand , you need the few mts to inbetween cycles to get geared up again I think anyway  ^reiki^.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good luck Lyndaquo, you must be nearly on your way by now if not already there.
x

Hiya Honeybee

Have you been in touch with the clinic?  They had a special offer on last year which was 3 ED treatments per year for 2 years for E7500, which I think is really good, especially if you need more than 1 cycle.  The waiting list was 3 months then you got a donor proposal and it was another 6 weeks or so until we actually went to Cyprus.
The donor co-ordinator is lovely although the communication isnt the best between yourself and the clinic, which we found very frustrating.  This may be due to a more relaxed lifestyle in Cyprus than we have, Im not sure but it certainly did our heads in.
The next time we go it shouldn't be as bad as we know the ropes.

We are currently on the waiting list again after a missed miscarriage in Dec.  This was our first go in Cyprus.

We were originally considering Serum in Athens as Ive heard great things about Penny but the special offer swayed it for me.  If things dont work out at Pedieos, then we will be going to Athens.

If you need to know anything else please PM me (then I will get an email) as I dont come on FF very often.
If I dont hear from you, then yes I do recommend Pedieos and wish you the best of luck.

xxxxxx

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi all,

Further to Lollopop's message about not finding a supermarket in Larnaca, there's several but directions for the easiest one to find are......drive west along the coast road to Larnaca town (east is to Ayia Napa ;D) and at the first big roundabout you come to, take the third exit and it puts you onto a dual carriageway/ring road. About 500 years down that road is a Carrefour supermarket on the left hand side. Easy peasy.

Hope that helps and none of you go hungry!xx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry Lyndaquo - I just realised you are not going til March, Im getting mixed up with the lady further up who is going end Jan

Many thanks Snowylion - will be sure to take the directions when we next go. 

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi everyone snapper here tanks so much it was great to hear from everyone we were waiting bout 4 months we doing the offer as well hope everyone is lucky will say a special prayer 4 ye all geting nerveous now excited 2 thou i find i ring maria its better id say she do be saying here  the slow one again but i rather talk to the person than all this e mailing tat just me k guys chat soon

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi everyone, like Lollopop we are waiting for our second go as well and went back on the waiting list at the beginning of November.  Agreed, communication is a bit hard and the clinic staff are very laid back, although perfectly pleasant when you do speak to them.

We stayed in Oroklini and luckily our apartment included car hire so worked out cheaper than hiring both separately - we found it on Owners Direct.  It took about 40 mins to get to Nicosia from there but beware, if you are travelling during rush hour allow an hour and a half.  Food prices are more expensive but if you go along the coast road towards Larnarca from Pyla/Oroklini/Dhekelia Road before you get to the big roundabout to turn off for Carrefour, there's a new Lidl which opened just as we were leaving on 4 November.  The locals said food should be cheaper there.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi - quick question for everyone.  Do you have concerns that you won't fit in the 3 treatments per year over 2 years?  Just worried that perhaps this won't turn out to be such a good deal after all and we are wasting time when I could have opted for treatment elsewhere.

meal x

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just a quick update.  I emailed on 23 Feb politely enquiring where we were on the waiting list and have just today (26 Feb) received a donor proposal.  This happened last time after I emailed wondering how much longer we needed to wait so I'm thinking maybe if you don't chase you don't get dealt with quickly.  However, still concerned that unless you are proactive there's no way you are likely to receive the up to 6 treatments within the 2 year time limit.  I'd advise that anyone with concerns over the waiting time should contact the clinic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello

I am new to FF, but read this thread as it very much relates to my situation. Not sure whether the thread is still active as last entry was February.
I have also just been advised of a donor from Pedeios, and had waited 5 months. Was almost beginning to lose faith that it would ever happen.
I am not sure exactly when we are going out, but believe its around end of month or early April. Have started taking Progynova (2 pills a day), and understand this is to thicken lining of womb. Have been told to take this for 10.5 days, and then wait further instruction.

All feels a bit surreal to tell you the truth....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello

Hope its ok to contact you directly. I am new to FF, and reading posts about Pedeios. I am scheduled to go end of March /April...haven't been given dates.

This is my first time, and have just started taking drugs 3 days ago. 2 tablets of Progynova a day. Need to take for 10.5 days, then wait further instruction. Not quite sure whether transfer needs to take place on date when I woudl be ovulating ususally or is this altered via the drugs? Just trying to establish when we will be going.

Havent thought where to stay...but have read all recommendations on posts, and shall start looking at prices today. Flights look quote pricey.

Best of luck with your treatment. I have heard very good reports of Pedeios, and their personal attention when there, despite the lack of communication beforehand.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Flora

I'm on cycloprogynova to synchronise my cycle with the donor so will be going out in April now (rather than March as initially thought) and I am to let Maria know when I get AF when I will have further instructions.  Last time I had to take primolut to delay AF, then when AF started I was on 3 progynova each day and 1 aspirin per day to build up the lining (plus the usual multivitamins and folic acid).  On day 10 or 11 they like you to have a scan to measure the lining but the clinic did that when I arrived in Cyprus on day 12 as days 10 and 11 fell on a weekend and we flew out on day 11 anyway.  On EC day I started cyclogest.

They are very good once you start treatment at letting you know the next stages but if you don't hear then just email or telephone and someone will confirm what you do next.  Unfortunately you can't book accommodation or flights until you know the dates and I've just checked like you and the prices are going up now because of the proximity to Easter and of course half term!  Best of luck and lots of  ^reiki^

Meal2 x

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Meal2
Thanks for your advice...feel I have asked Maria too many questions.
I am on day 6 of Progynova (2 pills). Have no idea when will be going out. If its day 12, I'll be shell shocked...!! How much notice were you given? I was told they would syncronise the donor with me, but don't understand why. I had an unusually long cycle.
Am trying to remain calm, and relaxed, but in reality am tied in a knot!  Excited & nervous...
What is AF?
I am sorry that your first attempt was not successful. Was that with your own eggs. I believe that the chance of pregnancy is more than 50% with donor egg, so really quite high. You will certainly be successful this time round.
I wish you all the best of luck, and welcome any other tips.
I am thinking also of having a small holiday....and hiring car, I look on tripadvisor that gives you great cost comparisons for different holidays / flights. Worth a look.
Flora

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hi everyone back from pedieos had 3 empies put back in so now ive the wait had it done on sat was so pleased wih everything would highly recomind it the doctor made u feel pure at ease nice man and maria is just a pure pet really everyone was so nice stayed in larnaca very relexing by the sea

·
Registered
104 Posts
Everything is crossed for you Snapper!!  Yes, Maria, Dr Trokoudes and the rest of the team are all very pleasant and the bonus is you can have a couple of days relaxing somewhere a little warmer.

Hi Flora - I had a donor last time.  Had two put back and a couple frozen.  AF is aunt flo (your period).  Maria did give plenty of notice last time but once you get your AF you'll need to let Maria know and she should tell you what to do next and roughly what timescales are involved.  I think everyone's treatment is slightly different depending on what stage you are with your cycle so you either sync with the donor or they get the donor to sync with you which is all done using the various drugs they prescribe. 

The worse bit is waiting for actual dates as you can't arrange flights and accommodation until then!  Do shop around for hire cars and if you decide on a hotel use all the comparison sites and check the various owners sites like holidaylettings and ownersdirect.  Last time we stayed for 2 weeks so made a nice relaxing holiday too.  Lots of people seem to stay in the Larnaca area and it's not far to travel by car from there to the clinic in Nicosia.  Good luck!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts