Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..

I did post here 2 months prepping for the ivf cycle which ended in disaster.

Background...i have 2 children through ivf cycle 1. Have 1 frozen embryo. I always had full immunes with both. I have 1 remaining frozen embryo. Due to the panedemic i decided to leave my frostie and cycle to embryo bank incase the frostie fails. I have endometrosis, and amh of around 8 and am 39.

Anyway this cycle was awful. 10 eggs, 8 mature, 1 fertilised and transferred at day 2. Bfn. Literally a day a 2 after embryo transfer i started to get abdominal cramps which I put down to iBS and took buscopan ( not ideal if had transfer). When I had the egg collection I know the doctor nicked my endo cyst. Anyway 2 weeks after transfer I ended up in hospital for a 12cm x 8cm abdo abscess. I had lots of ultrasounds, CT scans, and and MRI, aggressively treated with IV antibiotics for 5 days and had an abdominal drain put in to drain the abscess and then been on 4 weeks of oral antibiotics. I have never been so ill in my life and utterley depressed and angry at myself for wanting the desire to have another child when I have 2. But as the doctors explained it's bad luck that it happened. In hospital i was thinking no more iVF ( even this was only 2nd cycle and i know women on here have had way more). But this whole situation has frightened me of even thinking ahead about baby 3. I think maybe this is a sign of no more?

But also the only good thing to come out of it was that the CT scan which is more detailed than the ultrasound revealed my right tube seems to be developing a hydrosalpinx. My left has been clipped for the same reason and I am glad i know this before I carry on with anything else.

I am still under the care of my local hospital gynea team who are monitoring the size of the abcess which has shrunk to 4cm and they now want to decide if they should monitor or go back and drain...

My main questions are ( once obviously I am i further better and my abscess dealt with)

1. Should I have surgery to remove the endo cyst and clip or remove the hydrosalpinx on right
2. Transfer my last frostie and if fails carry with life and just accept 3 children was never meant for me
3. Attempt ivf again if frostie fails given whats happened to me this time?

Thanks for reading. I really hope someone replies. I feel i need support big time right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hi Leenaj,
I'm sorry you have been through such a bad experience. I think others may have more advice than me as I am still currently waiting for treatment. You said you feel you need support and I wondered what support you have? Have you any close family or friends you could talk to? I think it's important you take some time to recover and think about what you want to do, I don't know what the medical implications are for the surgery, I would just ask a lot of questions of the medical staff so you feel you understand what is the right decision. Maybe it is best to take it one step at a time and decide what to do about the surgery before thinking about future IVF. I hope it works out for you and it sounds like you need to look after yourself right now as you've been through a lot.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,773 Posts
^hugme^
HI Leenaj

Oh my goodness, it sounds like you have been through a terrible ordeal, how awful. My first thought would be to get your health back to the best place you can. Sort out the hydro and endo, there is no point putting an embryo back in when everything is so inflamed. Especially if you have a hydro, they can be quite toxic for embryos so i would recover first and then see how you go. Definitely get yourself well and then you will be in a much better place.

Sending you lots of healing vibes
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top