Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

Wondering if anyone has gone through PID?  I asked this in the PCOS thread and got a large response, so just wondering if anyone else has suffered from this before or after their diagnosis/fertility issues?

Thanks

Nikki ^cat^
x

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Had a Pelvic infection over 5 years ago, treated it with antibiotics the hospital never told me the implications of this infection. The infection never came back therefore I just assumed everything would be fine. I have now been trying to conceive for 2 years and have had no success.

I had a heavy bleed from the 14th May and bled for 21 days solid, paniced and went to my GP. I have now been referred and am due to go into hospital on the 28th June for investigations.

Consultant believes that I have a tilted womb, possible Endometriosis and a possiblity that I have blocked tubes. Is there anything else that could be wrong!

I am to have a hysteroscopy, a laporoscopy a D&C and the Dye. Don't know what to expact and I am absolutely terrified of finding out the results.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there

I had PID when I was about 17/18 years old (36 now !!) & it was treated with a course of anti-b's.....I had many gynae problems from age 12 when started periods - constant infections - thrush at least 2 weeks out of 4, cystitus then PID, lots of painful heavy irregular periods, painful sex...you name it I had it...finally diagnosed with severe endo & dense adhesions at 1st lap when I was 19...tubes blocked, end of tubes damaged, ovaries stuck to tubes & then all stuck to pelvis, bladder stuck to womb...endo/adhesions everywhere - a complete mess.  I've had 4 ops over the years (4 x lap & dye, 3 x hysteroscopies, 1 x cysteroscopy, 1 x HSG) & since last one just over a year ago I've been virtually pain free....I also have a bicornuate uterus & had more uterine adhesions & polyps removed about 8 weeks ago.

I'm sure that the PID & constant infections (had thrush so bad & for so long when I was 14 it had spread up into my tubes) have contributed to the adhesions, as well as the endo causing adhesions & all the subsequent surgery.....

We've been ttc for 2 years now BUT I'm still positive I'll conceive  :)
Wishing you all lots of luck....and may your dreams come true  :)
Take care
Natasha
We've been ttc for 2 years.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.