Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Hi, Sorry I'm having a real down day today which I feel ashamed about as I am so glad to be pregnant and excited about my future with my twins and DH. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^

But I feel annoyed and really angry that people around me more so my DH;s family that invite me to theirs for dinner or come to my house when they have a stinky cold/flu, I don't think they understand I don't want to get ill, and my DH's 5 yr old newphew is constantly ill every 2 weeks no exaggeration and he's almost inseparable from my husband he climbs on him sneezes on him puts his hands in his mouth, touches all the food with his snotty hands coughs everywhere, and I have to sit there and witness it my blood boiling. I know he's only 5 but its down to my husband to be more careful and my brother in law and sister in law(his parents) to say something. I'm so scared as he has never had chicken pox and now he's at school he could easily catch it and i have been told to be extra careful as I only had it really mild as a child. I feel they are not being considerate as a family about my health and the health of the babies I am carrying. Last time his nephew had measles and no one told us? we were picking him up my hubby was cuddling him then we realized the bumps on his skin we had to ask, and they said oh yeah he has measles we think??? OMG!! Like tell someone before they have made skin to skin contact. Its so upsetting.

I tell my DH all the time but I just don't feel he, or his family understand how viruses spread or they would be more careful, I try to avoid seeing them much but then I get the DH saying we see my family more then his etc etc.... well my family stay away if they have colds!! Plus i don't have any young children around that get childhood illnesses.....? after all these years of TTC and going through the whole IVF cycle I feel its just best to be safe then sorry!! Sorry for the moan I just don't know what to do anymore...? I am trying to protect my babies.
I eat lots of fruit containing vit C to keep my immune system strong? Because of the cold weather and Xmas madness I am not even going out a lot as want to be careful?Arhh I feel so stressed today...... :( ??? :eek: :mad:  need to let of steam...! Any advice??

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
hunny i know just how you feel i am now covered in a cold thanks to some kid who came to my works ( and really neednt have been there and would have been best left at home when not well) and coughed the surgery out not bothering to cover his mouth  ^bigbad^  im fuming people have no thought - thats aimed at his mother, i am now off work on antibiotics and feeling well and truly worn out!!! i know just where you are coming from, i would maybe not go or go when it will be just you and dh and just explain your concerns and that youre not compromising yourself and your twinnies. i know its hard when its family, hope you manage to get something sorted out  ^hugme^  all the very best with your pregnancy and the double joys that await you

L XX

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hiya hun,

I totally know how you feel, I'm just getting over the flu my friend and her kids kindly donated. I've honestly never felt so ill in my life, my little man is sat on the sofa now being cuddled by my hubby as he's got such an awful cough. Like you it totally makes my blood boil that someone could be so stupid!

I think in a way as a parent you get so used to your kid getting snuffles and bugs etc, its almost a part of normal life that you come to terms with. For me I'm a stressy mum to my 3 year old, I hate him being ill, so I actively seek to avoid situations where he's around others that are ill. We rarely go to the drs unless its really necessary as I'm a bit OTT about that too.

Perhaps give your DH some anti bac hand gel, when he leaves the house he's on strict instructions to use it. Possibly mention to DH that you want to tighten up on things with swine flu going round again, so you'd appreciate it if he'd call his family before hand to make sure the little mite is ok.

Linlou - really hope you feel better soon hun. Thats another bug bear of mine, parents who take their kids to the drs with none problems that in the olden days would have been treated with common sense!

xx

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Can I have a moan on here to please :eek:(
A member of my dps family came here even tho she had a sickness bug. Well me my dd 11yrs and ds 2yrs 8m have been so ill since sunday with it. I think I'm a walking advert for emodium.
Some people don't have a brain cell to hit another with. My poor dd was solid sick for over 5 hours. Aarrggghhhhh I just want to slap her tbh I told her we got her bug and she said never mind omg wonder how she would cope with no sleep for days on end

Sorry I just needed to moan and I'm pleased I'm not the only one

Hope your all well x

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi ladies thanks for your replies at least Im not the only one trying to be careful some of my familly think im over the top, but with illnesses flying around I think its best to be.

If it can be avoided why not.

Linlou - Thanks for you msg Sorry to hear your really unwell I hope you have a speedy recovery and all is ok, what you have been through with your cold I just dread so much, keep well, take care and wishing you a healthy pregnancy also. x

Hi mrsmaguire wishing you better also, why do friends and family not think, one of my friends kissed and cuddled me a couple of days ago then seconds later tells me she has the worst cold ever and a throat infection, so I blatantly said well "why did you kiss me hun, im pregnant?" plus pregnant or not when im not well, I dont go around spreading it??

Its frustraing dont they think..? you poor thing hope u get over it soon and your little man. x

Kelli-OMG The sickness bug is a horrible thing i hope you have started to feel better, I got the sickness bug bad @ beginning of yr when I was still TTC it just angers me that people are ill and still go out and about or just are not careful, why did they come round when they are ill its so thoughtless wishing u and your family better. x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.