Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope it doesn't sound too insensitive but I was wondering if anyone might be able to shed some light on how early into the 2ww AF can start please?  :-\

I started spotting yesterday (day 7) and it is a lot heavier today (day 8 ).  It looks like it normally does just before AF hits full flow.  :'(

My clinic says it's too early for AF to arrive (I'm not due until Friday, 11th March) but I'm pretty convinced that this is it judging by the heaviness of it.

Has anyone else had AF start this early into the 2ww?

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Sorry Mandy I don't have any answers but I am  ^pray^  that its not AF  ^hugme^

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi Mandy

My 1st cycle I bled a few days before OTD & MY 2nd cycle im sure it was about 6 or 7 days when I had seriously heavy bleed, I had felt sore since ET  on the the 2nd cycle. Fingers crossed for you  ^pray^ s
s
x

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you.

The bleed got a lot heavier over the weekend - the heaviest I've ever known it in my life (sorry for TMI).  It's starting to let up now - and my OTD isn't until Thursday.

I felt pretty sore ever since EC. 

Anyway, I'll have a follow up consultation as soon as possible to see what went wrong.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hi

^pray^ ^pray^  that isnt your AF. All 4 of my cycles I have bled 6 days after transfer!! But, I did manage to get a BFP on my 3rd cycle, unfortunately it ended in a early m/c but bleeding doesnt always mean the end xx ^hugme^

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kirst01 said:
Hi

^pray^ ^pray^ that isnt your AF. All 4 of my cycles I have bled 6 days after transfer!! But, I did manage to get a BFP on my 3rd cycle, unfortunately it ended in a early m/c but bleeding doesnt always mean the end xx ^hugme^
Thank you! I was hoping that too but I can't see how it couldn't mean the end. It was so heavy that I had to change towels every 2 hours because they were soaking (sorry again for TMI).

I'm still dong the pessaries up until Thursday (which is my OTD) just for the sake of completeness really. I was told to start doing them three times a day to try and stop the bleeding but it didn't help at all.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just a short input for those bleeding heavily. Did you check progesterone levels?
I read of ladies who bleed heavily because their body does not absorb enough progesterone and so they miscarry but they dont know it is happening since when you are on progesterone you are not supposed to.
I think the min level should be around 11. Pls double check

Smaller bleeds might be a good sign (implantation)

Alex

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure about progesterone levels - but I did wonder whether perhaps my body wasn't absorbing it.  It's something I'll be checking with the follow up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts