Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been getting quite a lot of bloatiness since ec, and have been taking peppermint capsules from Holland & Barrett - wondered whether anyone knew whether these were ok to take in 2ww?
Thanks,
Maria

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Maria

To be on the safe side I stopped taking my Colpermin tablets and peppermint oil capsules after ET, and just drank alot of peppermint tea. I've read conflicting reports about peppermint oil but to be honest I think you have to take a hell of a lot before it affects a potential, early or established pregnancy.
I found peppermint tea helps alot with bloating and painful wind cramps (the lovely cyclogest).
However, the best thing for bloating is bucket loads of water - more than you think! I was and still do drink about 3 litres a day.

Best of luck, hope you get that BFP.
love
Caroline
x

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Caroline,
I just did a bit of research on this on good old 'google', and you're right, peppermint generally, is best avoided. Apparently peppermint tea is ok in moderation, but as the capsules are so concentrated they can cause problems. I took the capsules quite a lot on day of ET but have stopped now. Just didn't occur to me to worry about something like that, but best to be safe - you'd never think that herbal remedies would be a problem would you  :-\
Maria x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.