Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My twins have always been good sleepers and ds has slept through since 3 months. This past week he has been waking during the night either at about 1 or 5 am. We can't settle him, although he is not crying more chatting. I have been giving calpol as they are teething and sometimes he will settle. When offered a bottle he will only take a few ounces.

He has been getting up an hour later, could this be the problem? Or maybe too much sleep in day although yesterday he only had 45 mins and a long nap of 2 hours.

He stays awake for about an hour and half and eventually settles off. He also has a cough which could be waking him.  They have also just moved into their own room and it seems to coincide with this!

Any ideas would be appreciated xx

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
how old are they?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are just over 5 months x

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
my eldest DD NEVER woke in the night and was a great sleeper...but Grace does this sometimes she will wake around 4am chat for an hour and go back to sleep leaving me wide awake!  Sometimes its crying as she is teething but usually its when she hasn't had enough sleep in the day so I think she wakes as overtired?  dd2 is nearly 7 months...maybe they will just grow out of it!

·
Registered
730 Posts
DS2 sleeps for 12 hours but often wakes around 5am and has a little chat, sometimes for up to an hour. THANKFULLY he then falls asleep again until about 7:30am.  I don't mind as he's not crying, and more importantly can self settle. I just find it quite amusing that he can chat and laugh for that long in a pitch dark room  ;D. I'd love to know what's going on in his little head

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.