Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years of ttc I was diagnosed with endometiosis ( had no symptoms apart from the odd bleeding inbetween cycles) and I had a laparotomy in feb 10 as the chocolate cysts on my left ovary was quite big and small amounts on my right ovary. A few months later I went on prostap for 6 months before doing IVF  in October which resulted in BFN and got my period day after.

6 weeks on my period has still not showed up. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for your periods to get back to normal? Im quite worried about this as we are ttc, not knowing where I am on my cycle is not helping!

Thanks xx

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi, im sorry i cant help you with your question as iv just had my first injection of Prostap but was wondering if you had much bleeding whilst taking the injections? i seem to have spotting throughout the day and it does seem to be getting worse. Its been 2 weeks now since i had the injection and touch wood iv had no side effects. How long does it take to have any side effects?
I hope someone anwers your question as il be wondering when they return too when i finish the injections in feb.

Thankyou xx

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a period a week after my first injection and had no bleeding not even spotting the whole 6 months I was on Prostap which was good as I tend to brown spot alot between cycles and lucklily I had no side effects (hot flushes etc) but then again I was on HRT at the same time.

What treatment are you going through in feb? I can try IVF again in 6 months but Im going to take a break from hospitals as this year I feel that been through a lot with the lap and going through temp menopause etc and I feel alot better for it as Im putting no pressure on myself.

xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hi Em

sorry for delay in replying,

I havent had prostap but i have had numerous courses of Zoladex which is similar does the same thing as prostap

my cycles never kicked back in until at least 10 wks after the last injection and sometimes could be as long as 6 months

I personally would give it another couple of weeks and if its not returned perhaps you could see your gp and ask them to run a hormone profile blood test

Nixy as for bleeding you can bleed throughout, you may be lucky and the bleeding will stop and not bleed again until after the end of the prostap injections, i have had numerous courses and no 2 have been the same

that said if the bleeding becomes heavier or more painful than a normal period then do see your gp or contact your gynae

sorry i cant be more helpful

Em

·
Registered
69 Posts
The bleeding does seem to b getting lighter so hopefully it will stop all together, but if it does get heavier i will make an appointment see my gp, thankyou. Im not on HRT and my GP hasnt mentioned me having that at all!

Im not sure what my consultant will advise us in feb as he ideally wants me to have 12 months off any tx (had my lap in sept)but hopefully he will let us start some kind of tx. When i had Clomid it made the existing cyst i already had grow so dont think thatl be an option. I agree with you thou our body has been through so much after the op it might b good to have a bit of break!

When are you due to start your IVF? xx

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I think AF is on the way, had some light red spotting yesterday, of all the days it had to show up in xmas day  ;D

Part of me gutted cos that it means Im not pregnant but then the other part is glad cos it means that my AF is beginning to settle down even thou it 6 weeks late!

Not sure when I can start IVF but I was told last month that I can try it again in six months but me and DH have decided to do it in 9-12 months time and in the meantime we still try naturally and just have fun. I even throwed away my OV sticks, thermometer etc as the past 2 years I seemed to get down everytime AF arrived and it didint help that everyone around was getting pregnant!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Typical! At least now you know your cycles are kinda getting back to normal! I know how you feel everyone round me is pregnant at the mo and not long found out my best friend is also pregnant and they werent even trying!

Good for you throwing away your ov sticks etc! as it definatly does seem to end up ruling your life! im actually quite glad im on the prostap as i dont have to wake up every morning waiting for a machine to tell me whether iv got to wee on a stick! ha!

So fingers crossed now itl all happen naturally for you! xx

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh yes ttc can take over your life  ;D

Well I had some bleeding on Xmas day and continued very very lightly on and off for about 6 days and now I feel abit damp (soz TMI!) I honsetly dont know if this was my period or not.

I have been feeling very poistive for the past 8 weeks and now Im down in the dumps  :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.