Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I wonder if you can help.  We are currently ttc naturally but being referred privately for ivf at care notts.  Anyway, i have one blocked tube but apart from that no other reason not to fall pregnant.  We have been trying for two and a half years now.  Im 40 this year and my boyfriend will be 45 so time is of the essence.

The reason for this post is to ask if anyone would know of a reason why Im getting a period very regualarly.  This started a couple of years ago, where i would have a period every two weeks, it then returned to about 24-26 day cycle.

Now for some reason the last month i have had two periods again.  I was on day 13 of my cycle when my period turned up again.  This is not just spotting but very heavy periods.  Would anyone know why this happens?  We are going to see the consultant again on Wed (NHS), i know they wont fund ivf but should they be finding out why im having these periods often again before they refer me or am i going to have to pay privately to find out whats wrong.

Id appreciate anyones help with this please.

Debsx

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hello
There are various different reasons wny this may happen, one may be that you are not ovulating and so having annovulatory cycles which can be alot shorter as there is no luteal phase to lengthen them.  You may have a fibroid somewhere which can cause very heavy bleeds or it could be possible that you are becoming perimenopausal and its a hormone imbalance.  Its important to get your blood taken v soon to test your fsh, lh and oestradiol on day 2-4 of your next cycle as this will give you lots of info.  Definitely raise this with your consultant on Weds as he/she can order the blood tests and do a scan/hysteroscopy to see whats going on.
good luck
:)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, its much appreciated.

I had blood tests done last month but was told it was done around ovulation which is wrong.  it wasnt around the time of ovulation it was done on day 1 of my period.  So, i had to have them done again as my fsh was surpressed and oeastrodil was very high. 

Should get the results of them on Wednesday and just hope they are ok.  the ones i had last year came back at 9 & 12...  Which is not good.

I had a hystercopy in Dec which only showed one possilbe blocked tube.  They didnt advice a lap and dye as they said they doubt it would show anything different to the hystercopy and wouldnt change the outcome of where to go next with ttc.

Thanks again
Debsx

G

·
I may be wrong - but if you have a blocked tube I am sure it is best to sort this out before IVF etc. As Egg says, ideally you want to sort any niggles out before treatment to exclude anything that may effect impantation.....Day 1-3  bloods(FSH, LH Oestradiol, Prolactin) and 19-21 bloods (Progesterone) being key for seeing what your body is actually doing ;)

Good luck ^reiki^

xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts