Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had EC today and after a bit of advice. My clinic only advise 1 pessaries a day but I've asked them to increase me to 3 a day as have heard loads of time that the more you have the better?

I was just wondering where you guys 'put' yours? My clinic tell you to do them virginally - which if I'm honest would be much better. But I've also read you should do them the other end until ET. Does anyone have any thoughts on this???

Thanks xxxx

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Podge i can't help you on where to put them put as i haven't started ICSI yet but i used them in IUI and i find them very messy if you put them in the front door but you don't notice them in the back door. They say don't use them in the back if you suffer from IBS, i thought i wet myself and they leaked down my leg in the front. Sorry if tmi but i hope it helps a bit. Good luck with you embies.  ^reiki^

·
Registered
508 Posts
Podge -  ;D ;D ;D sorry but you know when you say virginally - did you mean vaginally? Couldn't stop laughing !!  Us lot - virgins after what we've been through  ;D ;D xx

Anyway I have only been told to use mine in the front door!!  I was told to lie down for half hour afterwards too - and I must say I'm not having any problems with leakage or anything with them !  Don't know if I'm putting them too far up !! ;D ;D ;D Only joking !

xxxxx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey

i only used one a day and it was thru front too..i used mine at nite time so i never had any probs with leakin or anythin..

ive never heard of 'the more u use the better' cos that will end up very messy..u will have to do a manuel 'cleanout' every couple days and with 1 its bad enough..

Jen xx

·
Premium Member
1,876 Posts
hi girls well i was told to do them using the back door- much less messy- just need to get the timing right- after a number 2 iykwim!!! I had 2 a day and upped to 3 when i started spotting, i had no issues at all with leakage but maybe a bit of wind!

Good luck !
julsxx

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol spotter that's exactly what I meant haha xx

I'm still not sure what to do, the whole more the betters prob rubbish as well but managed to convince my clinic to give me extra so going to use them lol.

Thanks for your replies ladies. Xx

·
Registered
508 Posts
Forgot to say ..... I use 2 pessaries a day - morning and night !!! x

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi

I have 2 a day as well and my clinic says it doesn't matter which end I put them in although the back end is a lot less messy ;D

I tend to do front end at night as I am going to be so only very little leakage and the back end in the morning although I have had a few bad poo situations (sorry tmi) which is not good when you are at work :-[

I hope this helps  :) xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts