Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

petits filous in the UK are one brand of the more widely called petits suisses in France and I am really disappointed that they do not sell here the nature flavoured ones which have no sugar in and you can mix it with homemade fruit puree. Does anyone know if a particular chain sells them in the UK?
I tried the ones with jam at the bottom from petits filous an hoped all the sugar content was in the jam part but when I tasted the fromage frais itself it was very sweet. I got James to try it anyway without the jam and let's say --- he loved it..........but I do not want to feed him sugary products yet.

Steph

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hi Steph,

Why don't you try natural yoghurt? We get natural Greek yoghurt or plain full-fat yoghurt and mix it with fruit etc. - they are both great. I must say I've never seen natural fromage frais - but then again, I haven't looked for it. To be honest, we buy Little Star fromage frais because it seems to have fewer artificial ingredients than the Petits Filous.

HTH

Kasia

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I use natural yoghurt with A a lot to mix with fruit and fruit crumbles if don't want to bother with custard.

Bev xx

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bev,

I agree about custard, my DH seem to have a thing for it and as for me I did not grew up with it we only had a thin cream that we called "creme anglaise" with some specific recipies only!  :)
will go into the full fat yogurt for him, I believe that reduced fat is not the best for kids is that right?

will look into the little stars for when he is older, thanks Kasia

Steph

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
If you want to feed petit filous type things then Sainsbury's do their onw brand which is sweetened only with grape juice, so sugar of some kind but maybe not as bad as added sucrose ::)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for that proffessor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts