Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone i am new to this thread and i have been busy reading the posts all evening.i was posting on i.u.i.thread earlier in the year but that didnt work for us.We have been referred to a clinic in cyprus called the petra health retreat in cyprus by the cromwell fertility clinic in london.i was wondering if anyone had any info on this clinic.It looks great in their booklet you stay on site with  private swimming pool and beach nearby and all your meals (at a cost obviously)sort of like a holiday combined.We are hoping to go for egg donation in january or february at a total cost of about €10,000.when we visited the cromwell in june they had sent eighteen ladies over to cyprus and nine where pregnant so a fairly good success rate but hard to judge on such a small amount of cases.
anyone with any info i would be grateful to hear.
katex

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi Kone

we have just recieved details from the petra clinic in cyprus , my boss is cypriot and lives a few miles from the clinic , so they visited the clinic and got all the details for us , apparently the donors are all from russia, they are brought over to cyprus for tx, the clinic is run by a cypriot doctor but they dont treat cypriots only foreigners , the lady is also russian who deals with the recipiants, I have a list of all the tests you need and the proceedures etc and price list in $, also a list of all tests done to donor before tx .
phone no;clinic:eek:o 357 24 333 020, clinic manager mobile :99682892
the russian lady comes over apparently very abrupt on phone but shes very nice in person its just the accent, if you need anything else , please feel free to IM me.
good luck
love caron x

PS it says average pg rate is 45%-50%

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear Kate
I have been to the Petra health retreat in Cyprus and received treatment there.
I found the clinic very professional and would recommend it, I was there in May and although the treatment was not successful I am due to go and try again at the end of this month.
The only concern was the co-ordination from the Cromwell Hospital in London, which meant I arrived in Cyprus too late and the embryos had to be frozen.
I stayed in Larnaca and when we visited the clinic the pool was not working and the grounds looked a little rundown. But the clinic its self was very clean and professionally run.
If you would like any more details please let me know.
Best Wishes for your treatment.
Unsure.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you both for your replies .We were all set to go to cyprus in february but having been reading all the posts about treatment abroad we are now hopefully going to the ceram clinic in spain.I have read so many good things on here about it and i have a very good feling about it which i know sounds strange but i feel i should go with the feeling.Also it is slightly cheaper and they only put back two embryos where its three in cyprus.We can also fly to spain direct from dublin but with cyprus we would have to change in england.
So i feel it would be more suitable.I just have to see if my consultant here is prepared to carry out scans and medication and monitoring.
fingers crossed it all goes well
katex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.