Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am kind of new here.
I am currently waiting for my PGD test for a x linked condition to be developed by the hospital.My funding came through in may 2010. I am quite desperate now. Could anyone give me some idea of how long it takes for tests to be developed?
Any information/ experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ever so much

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi
I am about to start PGD next week (eeek!) as hubby and I are cystic fibrosis carriers. Our son has cf so we already knew what the defective genes were so it's moved quite quickly for us. I am sure someone having PGD for an x linked issue will be able to give you some more info.
Just wanted to say hi and welcome xx

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Thank you, legalbeagle.
Good luck with your pgd. I am excited for you.
We already know the defective genes as well but it seems to be taking ages anyway.

Thank you, here is to all going well.
Veena

·
Registered
314 Posts
Legalbeagle, how exciting.  Do you know when you will be going through the different steps?

Sorry to hijack your post, Vina, good to see you on the other thread.
x

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Dixie!!
I took my last pill last night and I take my first injection tomorrow morning. I had a scan this morning which didn't show many follicles so I am panicking a wee bit that there won't be many to collect! Anywhoos I go back on Monday for another scan and the next Tuesday I start simulation drugs. 10-14 days later is egg retrieval and then 5 days later hopefully a happy cf free blast goes back in.
Keeping everything crossed.

Hope you are well xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.