Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a P&T and use the caccoon if so how long has it lasted??  We about to order our puschair and can't decide what to do if to get one or not

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Hi Clare, I didn't go for the cocoon in the end as I found it was exactly the same size as the Graco one I already had, DS had grown out of it before he was 3 months old so i'm glad I didn't spend the extra cash. Also if you baby isn't due in the winter I'm not sure you need the extra warmth of it.

Shelley x

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats my debate we had a britax one and that didn't last long at all. Baby due Sept so will be getting cooler as baby gets that bit bigger.  Shame our Britax one is ruined or would use that I don't care it doesn't match.  The deal we are looking at is charging an extra £35 for the cacoon

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi

I bought the cocoon for our P&Ts and my DS was in it for about 3 months - he was a big baby and it wasn't ideal in the warmer months. However, I did find it really useful when going to the Dr's, baby clinic and toddlers as we aren't allowed to take prams in so I used to carry him in his cocoon rather than wake him up.  It would also be cosy in the colder months.

I have the older style P&T's (rear seat doesn't recline) and think if I had the newer one I would be inclined not to buy the cocoon. They grow so quick and before you know it they will want to be sat more upright wanting to look at the world around them.  I'm not sure what age you can sit the baby in the back seat on the newer version pram but my DS was ready to be sat up (rather than led down) by 3/3.5 months.   

I have seen other Mums use blankets and sheepskin to pad out the area rather than use the cocoon. 

Hope this helps.

Terri xx

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
I loved my cocoon - Amy was in it for a good 3 months and it was a lifesaver. You could always get a 2nd hand one off ebay - they are usually in good nick :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
We had a cocoon for our P&T and in my opinion it was definitely worth the money. 

Thomas was born in November so I appreciate that having a spring/summer baby might make it seem less of a necessity.  Also, the fact that the P&T Sport (i.e. new model) reclines flat would make it easier to put a newborn baby in without the cocoon.  However, I'm not sure I would have been happy putting Thomas straight into it when he was small.

I should point out that the cocoon was really useful as a small travel cot (we walked round the corner to friends for lunch carrying Thomas in it, and also took it to a wedding  :) )  For the first couple of weeks he slept in it at night, as his crib was quite large.

Thomas was just over 7lb at birth and we used the cocoon until he was almost 4 months old.

Another option you may want to consider is to get the P&T "bunny" liner, which has fleece on one side and cotton on the other.  This costs £20 so is cheaper than the cocoon.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Hi

Ive got the P&T twin side by side, and ive got the cocoons.  I Bought the pram and lot off ebay, and it was all in wxcellent condition.  my 2 are 4 months, ( but were prems) but i think Blake ( now 11lb)  will have outgrown his soon ( he is a long baby though)

But its really handy cos once ive been out or go to a friends house i can lift them into the house just in the cocoons, unzip them and just wait for them to wake up......
When i go out with the pram I always put them into the cocoons, but them if its really warm, i just unzip them and fold the front down, then if it comes cold while im out, i just zip them back up. :)

I know with ours you dont have to use the cocoonsm, you can just lie them in the lie flat position, but i personally wouldnt have been keen on that when they were small, they look much comfier and snug in the cocoons. 

Defo worth it in my opinion

S
xx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
umm we thinking not to get now and look on ebay closer to the time or ask around if anyone going to be get rid of one etc.  We going for the green pushchair but I don't care if the cacoon doesn't match as with DD on the top not going to see much of it

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
plus we got on Freecycle a very early P&T which came with a cacoon (and tons of other accessories footmuffs etc) now the size of the puchahir has changed a bit but think we will hold off and try that cacoon in it (its down south or would take it to shop with us!). we have a buggy snuggle too so that would make it a bit comfy for our new daughter

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
I've borrowed my cocoon off a friend. she says her LO stayed in it til about 4 months - her baby is quite big!!  I have to say it looks quite small and I can't quite believe S will fit in it for that long, but I'll take her word for it  ;D

Claire x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Clare

Yes probably - but dont they cost about the same as a cocoon? Anyway yes I don't think you have to use the cocoon for it to be safe - there's still a 4 way harness in there too.

Did you know that if you have a maxi cosi car seat there is an adapter you can buy for the P&T so that the car seat goes on top and your older child goes in the seat below for the first few months?

Claire x

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they are only £17 on thatcute age and 0-6 months or can get 6-12 months depending on baby size so thinking for the colder months ie Nov onwards.  don't want to fork out for another car seat we have a Britax one or would think of using car seat.

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bumping this back up as H has ougrown the caccoon her feet are against the end and the back of the seat bulges where her head is.  What is the youngest anyone has used the 2nd seat.  H already tries to pull herself up to sit straight when on your knee but when in pushchair wondering if it would be a bit too much yet and I should just lay her on the seat

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Clare - I started putting T in the second seat at the back at 3 months but reclined and rolled up a blankie for his head to rest against but then if new he would be in it for a long period and wanted him flat put him back in the big seat flat.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Cocoon is great for a winter baby - very snug. Ds2 had grown out of it by 4 months old (and he's quite small), but we used it a lot in those 4 months so I thought it was good value for money.

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it has been great for her wish she didn't have to come out of it, shes just a mini DH so very tall!

·
Registered
154 Posts
emmadaffodil said:
Cocoon is great for a winter baby - very snug. Ds2 had grown out of it by 4 months old (and he's quite small), but we used it a lot in those 4 months so I thought it was good value for money.
agree here and with other pp, we just got our p&t and glad we ordered the cocoon too, much easier getting ds2 in and out of buggy without getting cold so well worth the cost even if he'll outgrow it in a couple of months!....

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
gosh I envy those who can use the cocoon for as long as possible, we stopped using ours at 6 weeks as J too long  :(  I still have him the the lay flat mode tho, just put a blanket underneath for softness!  I have to say tho, as he didnt sleep well at night those first few weeks, I did use the coccon in his crib for about the same time, very useful..!! 
x

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Amee I did wonder how J was doing with his as knew you had said he is long.  H probably was too big at 10 weeks but I pushed using it to 12 weeks.  We've decided to keep her laid on the seat till new yr then she will be nearly 4 months then will try seat at back

1 - 20 of 25 Posts