Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you'd like to see what PCOS looks like then my pic is in the gallery under medical photos!!!!! It's a sight to be seen(but not whilst you're eating!!) :-[ :-[ :-[

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sicknote - see what you mean about not eating ! No offence but bleurgh !
I am fascinated however.

We went for fertility treatment as dh had a vasectomy & reversal was not seen as an option. Anyway, came as a shock to me to find out that I had mild PCOS on one ovary.

Can I just ask what led to you having those pics taken as mine was just a black & whote scan thing & frankly they could have been showing me anything !

Sorry to be so nosey
B x

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You probably had an internal scan like a baby ultrasound. Those pics were taken during a laparoscopy - they give you a general anaesthetic and then make 3 cuts in your tummy they put a camera in one and then instruments (a laser) in the other and the last one pumps gas in your tummy to seperate the organs so they can see.
It can hurt when you come round but is usually only painful if they laser you (i had endometriosis lasered off and my pcos lasered off my ovaries. The ovaries are really white and shiny when you have pcos because it's like having bubble wrap around them (it's a string of fluid filled cysts surrounding the ovary that stop good eggs getting out.)
Phew hopefully that's explained it. Having pco on one ovary is not too much trouble.
I only had the laparoscopy because i had tummy pain and they gave me clomid and then injections, which make your ovaries produce better or more eggs, when you have clomid or injections they usually scan you, to check that everythings ok and my scans showed loads of little eggs popping out everywhere, that is what they probably saw on your scan. From what i've been told the eggs can look nice and big but can be like rotten apples (nice and shiny on the outside but rotten inside)if you have pcos which can be why you don't get pregnant.
Anyway as i said mild pcos may not be a problem for you but you probably need to ask your dr if the pcos may affect your fertility.
Hopefully i've helped explain things a bit more. If you mant to chat more IM me.
Luv Ju

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.