Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I 've been reading some of the threads this morning and found a discussion about the benefits of eating pineapple while ttc or IVF. I had read somewhere that the acidity in pineapple can contract the uterus and therefore was a bad thing to eat while ttc. Now I read there are people eating LOTS of it while ttc and while having IVF.
Should I have some pineapple?? I have just started d/r for the first time.I am trying to eat really healthily and keep making fruit smoothies for dh.
I would be interested to know people's views on this topic! :D

Cheers joxxii

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I read that it could help with implantation (something to do with platelets) so I ate it for several days after et.  The cllinic had never heard of that one, though.

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
I've heard it's good for heartburn (not for me it wasn't  :-\ ) and it's good for bringing on labour - not for me it wasn't  :-\  Have always eaten pineapple anyway, but not in any vast quantity - probably 1 or 2 portions a week. 

Personally I think it's an old wives tale and if it were proven dangerous it would be well documented, likewise if it were proven beneficial.  I'm sure the benefits of it being a fruit with lots of vitamins and minerals in will do more good than harm though, but maybe just stick to a reasonable amount.

Jayne x 

·
Registered
492 Posts
I thought it was supposed to be full of Selenium which helps inplantation. (read that somewhere!) ::)

Apparenty you've got to eat it fresh or drink fresh juice - no tinned stuff!

I've been eating loads of the stuff recently, so we'll see....!  ^confused^

LOL
Cathy  ^daisy^

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
LMAO funny cos i have my mouth full of the stuff now!!!

YUMMY YUMMY

1 - 5 of 5 Posts