Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter,

Sorry to bother you again. I was wonderting if you had any thoughts on my new problem.

I had IVF recently and had a beta of 15 the day after I starting bleeding. The bleeding lasted 4 days or red blood, plus 2-3 days of spotting, no cramping, no pain, very tiny clots & 3 small 'lumps' the day of the first beta - the lumps didn't look like clots to me. A week after my first beta a follow-up came back at 17 and 2 days later it was 16. I seem to have a small amount of HCG coming from somewhere. The nurse/doctor think it is a bit of left-over matter from the M/C or possibly an ectopic. Any thoughts?

An aside - I appear to have ovulated yesterday on CD12 (my normal O day is anywhere from CD15 to CD21 so it is early). I have read somewhere that low levels (below 100) of HCG mean your cycles carry on as normal.

I think what we are all hoping is that my next bleed will get rid of any left-over material but I have heard that some ovarian cysts can make HCG. Is this a likely prospect here?

I have another beta on Friday.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Julie

·
Registered
856 Posts
LadyP said:
Hi Peter,

Sorry to bother you again. I was wonderting if you had any thoughts on my new problem.

I'll try!

I had IVF recently and had a beta of 15 the day after I starting bleeding. The bleeding lasted 4 days or red blood, plus 2-3 days of spotting, no cramping, no pain, very tiny clots & 3 small 'lumps' the day of the first beta - the lumps didn't look like clots to me. A week after my first beta a follow-up came back at 17 and 2 days later it was 16. I seem to have a small amount of HCG coming from somewhere. The nurse/doctor think it is a bit of left-over matter from the M/C or possibly an ectopic. Any thoughts?

It is too low for an ectopic and you don't seem to have any other symptoms. I would say that it is just a bit remaining in your system.

An aside - I appear to have ovulated yesterday on CD12 (my normal O day is anywhere from CD15 to CD21 so it is early). I have read somewhere that low levels (below 100) of HCG mean your cycles carry on as normal.

Correct

I think what we are all hoping is that my next bleed will get rid of any left-over material but I have heard that some ovarian cysts can make HCG. Is this a likely prospect here?

Possibly although is there any scan evidence of a cyst?

Good luck!!

Peter

I have another beta on Friday.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Julie

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying so promptly Peter, in the middle of your move too. Hope it is all going smoothly.

Just one last little question.

Do you think I should suggest an U/S to check out the possibility of a cyst? I haven't had one since before my retrieval and I go back on Friday for another blood sample.

·
Registered
856 Posts
LadyP said:
Thanks for replying so promptly Peter, in the middle of your move too. Hope it is all going smoothly.

Just one last little question.

Do you think I should suggest an U/S to check out the possibility of a cyst? I haven't had one since before my retrieval and I go back on Friday for another blood sample.
Yes, this would be a useful and easy thing to do.

Good luck!!

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts