Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping you will be able to help, I'm not currently pregnant but this is regarding my pregnancy last year that ended in miscarriage at 8weeks...I'm shaking, I asked the doctor to ring me as I need a printout of these following blood tests for upcoming IVF:
Rubella
FSH
LH
PROLACTIN
TSH
TESTOETERONE
HIV
HEP B
HEP C

Now thats fine, I need to redo Prolactin, TSH as they are more than 12 months old. I also asked about bloods I had done at the midwives booking in app last yr, 1 of them was BORDERLINE, it was PLATELETS which my understanding is that these are how your blood clots....did I miscarry because of clotting problems?? Your help is very much appreciated xx

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

It's really difficult to say, and I'm not an expert in things like this as it is a gynae nurse that deals with early pregnancy. It does sound possible, but it depends what they are classing as borderline. Many miscarriages are due to chromosomal or developmental abnormalities, so it doesn't necessarily mean that that was the cause,

Emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply, I am seeing someone at fertility unit soon so I will mention the platelets result. I guess I'm in a fragile state at the moment and the miscarriage is at the front of my mind again, many thanks emilycaitlin  ^hugme^ xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts