Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have quickly seen this website before, and the stories always seemed so far away from where we were. But now DH2 & I are at the waiting point before we start our first IVF - consultant appointment in 7 weeks.

This is my second marriage, and if honest, the fertility was one of the main reasons why this broke down :'(. I found myself an emotional wreck during my first IUI at QMC and very soon after that I walked away from him. All tests prior to IUI were normal after choc cyst, endo scarring sorted.

After a couple of years of ignoring the issue as I was long term partnerless, I have met up again with my first crush from school, married within 12 months and am now starting our living happily ever after - but now to complete the picture the baby issue has come up again.

2 years of trying on our own and a considerable amount of pushing DH into investigations, we have passed all the tests with flying colours but still no bub of our own.

So clomid and 3 IUI at Derby City and BFN. Now we are waiting for the consultant in 7 weeks before we move to Care Nttm and first IVF is under way. I am told that this is an 18 week process from start to finish.

Now I am scared. Reading all the books it sounds so extreme but I know that do get what you want sometimes you have to do all that you can. The treatment itself doesnt scare me, its the drugs again. I dont want to ruin this relationship by turning into a complete wreck again. I know that alot can change in the 7 years since my last drug induced banshee impressions, but even still.

DH2 can see a life without children, I am not in that place yet to be able to give up.

All of our friends around us have babies and we dont know anyone who has had to go through this monthly pain that we have suffered together for 4 years, and solitarily for the last 10 years. DH2 is able to see a future together without a baby, I cant. That big whole inside which makes me feel so incomplete is so consuming. Moving away from that isnt something I can think of just yet.

I hope that making contact here with people who understand how this takes over your life, I will be able to help those who arent yet up to our stage and use the knowledge and understanding of those infront of us I can get through the next few months.

Fingers crossed for all those involved, big love x [/color]
^fairydust^

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi I just wanted to welcome you to the boards. I only joined here yesterday but have been on the Care forum for nearly a year. We had IVF/ICSI in Jan which ended in a BFN so if there's anything you want to know just ask. It's amazing how much info you pick up during treatment.

I hope things go well for you and now your older and wiser and got this board to fall back on I'm sure it'll be easier to find the strength to get through your next cycle and get your longed for BFP.

Sending lot's of  ^hugme^ your way.

Raxhel xx

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Emmib

I just wanted to say welcome.  I never thought we would be going through IVF but here we are waiting for next Tuesday to arrive, which seems to have taken forever and then our 1st cycle starts.  I have found this site invaluable and feel at time it kept me sane to speak to people who understand. 

I hope your wait will not be long for treatment to start, any questions give me a shout.

Kas

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Hello Emmib, welcome to Fertility Friends. :)

^hugme^ what a story you have had. Sadly, infertility places such a tremendous strain on a relationship that it does take a huge amount of strength and understanding to make it through unscathed. I hope that your DH can see how very important this is for you and be supportive and understanding. You alread have an idea of what the drugs do to you so try prewarning him that you won't be yourself and, maybe jokingly apologise in advance for anything you say or do that's a bit out of character while you are under the influence.

Here's some links to some info / parts of FF you might find helpful:

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE

A Rough Guide To IVF ~ CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. You will fnd a thread, usually with a funny/inspiring name for this year's buddies. Just pop along to the appropriate month and say "Hi" when you are ready to start treatment.

Cycle buddies ~ CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area:

Girl & Boy talk - Community & Fun Board ~ CLICK HERE

You can also chat live in our excellent chat room. We have a newbie night in the chat room every week (Wednesday at 8pm), where you can meet other new members and get technical support with navigating the site and using all the functions available here. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

You can also "meet" and chat with people in your local area through the Location boards. This is especially useful to find people who may be using the same clinic and or in the same PCT area.

Oh and if it works, it's not an 18 week process; it's an 18 year one...and then probably a bit beyond too! ;)

Wishing you lots of luck! ^reiki^

C~x

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi Emmib,

Welcome to Fertility Friends, this site is fantastic for support, information and friendship  ^hugme^

Good luck on your journey  ^reiki^

Nikki xx

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Emmib,

I've blown you a bubble!  ;)

Even if you struggled with the side effect of the drugs 7 years ago, you might not now. Also if you mention this to the consultants, they might be able to help. Perhaps by adjusting the dose or give you some other drugs to take with it. I'm just wondering, since I haven't even started treatment yet, I haven't got a clue...

I hope your DH does realise how important this is for you. You really can't do this alone, he will have to go all the way alongside you. Talk and keep talking, even if that might not be men's strenght. I keep trying to gt my DH to tell me how he feels about it all, but he's more like; now I have the facts I'll start looking for a solution (might have someting to do with him working with research  ::) )

Wishing you all the best  ^hugme^

W.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts