Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Please can anyone advise if they have experienced anything like this...

I had ec 12/10 and et 14/10 so test date 28/10.  Had feint positive but by 1/11 had heavy discharge, was refered to local epu and told they couldnt see anything on the scan but could be too early or i had already m/c. 
HCG was only 47, so was told too low for viable pg.
d/charge became heavy bleed but was told to return for repeat HCG on 3/11, my levels had gone up to 60 but i had since passed a large clot (sorry tmi) so was told to return a week later for another HCG count.

This was done this morning and i was expecting my level to be back to 0....
it has unexpectedly risen to 347???  Obviously still not a viable pregnancy as should now be in the thousands but has anyone at all exerienced anything a little similar??????????

Please help.....

I have had a previous ectopic pregnancy so hospital have said it could be that or the other possibility is that i still have some pregnancy chemicals floating around somewhere in which case i would have to have a D&C!!

Any ANY advice appreciated.

Kim x

·
Registered
371 Posts
Oh goodness me what a terrible situation. I don't know what to say except just a big  ^Cuddle^

Love
Megan

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
^hugme^

Just thought I would send you a hug.

I also just want to say that if you have to have a D&C it is not too bad honestly although you may bleed a bit after and it take a couple of cycles to get back on track with your normal cycle length.

Take care

Clare

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Hi Kimmy!
I'm sorry but i really havenothing helpful to add I just wanted to send a  ^Cuddle^ and say that I really hope they get to the bottom of this for you!
Lizi

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Kim

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time  :'( :'( 

I'm not a nurse and I don't know what might be going on with you, but presumably your epu is sending you for a repeat HCG in a few days' time?  I think you need to have a level in the thousands before they would be able to see anything on a scan but in the meantime they could be checking your HCG level to see whether it's continuing to go up.  Unfortunately you're probably going to be able to do nothing more than wait and see what happens, which I know will be really hard.

Best wishes
Kim K

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well after 5 days in hospital i now know the cause of the problems.

Yesterday i had my right tube partially removed as it contained another ectopic, the dr's are still a little puzzled as to my circumstances but have basically said the bleed and clot at 5 weeks was probably a mc of one embryo and the other had taken too but obviously in my tube.

My previous ectopic was also my right tube which was only partially removed and not cut, this time they have removed all the damaged section and the dr seems to think the remainder of the tube is healthy.
The status of my left tube is still unknown as my bowel seems to be stuck to it (doesnt sound good though)  so have follow up appointment in January to decide whether or not to remove that tube too.

All i know is i find all this emotionally and physically draining and i dont honestly know if i can continue with this..... each time its one step forward two back... and the light at the end of the rainbow is slowly going out  :'(

Thank you to the 4 people who did reply....

Kim x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Awwww Kim

I am so sorry i didnt see this thread. If it wasnt enough having the m/c but to go through this. ^Cuddle^ Wish i could change it for you.
If you ever need a shoulder give me a shout.

Love Kim x x x

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Kim

I'm so so sorry for you and Carl and for all that you have been through.

You know where I am  ^hugme^

We are all here for you

love Nicky x

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Dear Kim,
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you, you are getting so close to fulfilling your dream! You are going through so much and I only hope you are getting good care. Do you feel well looked after by your drs? They seem to be looking at you carefully and keeping you well informed. Although I have never gone through anything like you, after 3.5 yrs of trying I can only agree that every negative or near chance seems to get harder and harder. With all the hormonal changes we go through with each treatment, there's no wonder it is so emotionally draining. We'll all here for you. Much love xxxxx  :-*

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
^Cuddle^

Dear Kimmy and DH, how awfully painful for you on all fronts. Just know that all your FF's are here for you.

lots of love,
Caroline
xxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts