Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies,    ^feedback^

I hope you can help me because I am pretty worried. I read a lot about women having trouble because their endometrial lining is too thin but I am afraid mine is or will grow to be too thick! I am doing an egg donation cycle in Spain and they put you on estrogen patches for about two weeks while the donor is stimulating. Today I had an ultrasound after being on the patches for only 6 days and it was already 13mm!!!  :eek: (I started out with 5mm) The Spanish doctor said it was still o.k. and not too thick but I still have app. 10 days to go before transfer. If my lining keeps growing 1mm a day, I just can't imagine..... I really need some reassurance that this will be o.k. because I can't find any topics on this subject. By the way, the doctor told me to keep using the same amount of patches, two every other day! What is the thickest your lining should get for optimal implantation success? Does the lining stop growing at a certain point? Any input greatly appreciated! 

Good luck and babydust to all!  ^storkgirl^  ^storkboy^

Naomi

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Naomi

Just read your post mine was 12mm at time of transfer on third occassion and I asked if my lining was too thick and my nurse assured me you cant get a too thick lining but you can get a too thin as they like ot to be over 9mm usually.

I had a 9mm lining 1st attempt, 13mm 2nd attemp and then 10 3rd attempt and the least painful transfer was the 2 nd one all the others were bloody awful!!

Any way if docs think its too thick surely they can tweek your medicationas you have some time to go still.

Wishing lots of luck hope this helps
Twiggy xxxxx

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hi Naomi

Thanks for asking that question. I have always wondered about lining thickness. Ruth's confirmation will hopefully give you peace of mind!

Vanilla x

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
:)hi there just thought i would let you know that mine was 18mm at transfer hun so think it is ok.hope this helps and goodluck hunni.lol.xx

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dear ladies, ???

Thank you for your replies, very reassuring. Unfortunately we had to cancel this cycle anyway because I ovulated while on the suppression meds, not a good thing obviously! :'( It's rare but it happens.....

Wishing everyone the very best,

XXX Naomi

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I'm really confused about this too ^eyes^

Last IVF cycle my lining measured 19mm on day 11 of stims, 23 mm 3 days after e/t and 29 mm 7 days post e/t. My clinic during this cycle said my lining was "beautiful" (Cycle failed).

But at my new clinic, they said a lining over 15mm can be detrimental to implantation, so now I'm really confused especially after reading this thread :-\ Like Naomi I've been worried about the possibility of a lining being too thick :-\

Naomi, so sorry to hear your tx was cancelled hun ^Cuddle^ My tx (S/P) was also postponed last month because I hadn't shed all the lining during AF which was discovered during the B/L scan :( It's so frustrating and I hope you can get started again soon :)

luv Nat xx ^fairydust^

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi everyone
What conflicting information, and I'm about to add to it.  My clinic told me that 8mm is more than satisfactory for et and that when the lining goes over 12 it can sometimes start to break down resulting in failure.

f

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.