Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^ ^wave^

Well i dont really no were 2 start.

My sisters friend has decided 2 chose her bf over her children

her little girl is 16months & her baby boy is 2months old

she has asked us if we will adopt them (foster leading 2 adoption)

there with her mum at min but she very ill & cant cope

my sisters friend will b moving around alot as bf in army

if we say no they will go in 2 care as she says cant cope.

my sister used 2 have her daughter at least 5 days a wk

& the longest she has spent with her son was when she was

in hospital giving birth 2 him.

My heart says YES but my head says NO

PLZ help me does any1 no how things would work in this situation?

Tammy

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Hi hun

You need to go with your HEAD in the sense of you cant let your heart and feelings make you do this out of guilt, these children are not your worry as such however i would ring your local Social services dept and ask how you go about this as it may be a case that they are not aware of the situation and that someone within the extended family is better suited to these 2 or even that the best thing for them to get on with their life is to be removed and placed in a "new" family

If your still haviung IF tx i dont think SS would want to place the children with you for adoption- if adoption the route you are on?

xxx

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^hello^ ^wave^

forgot 2 mention we bin lookin at adoption 4 some time now

was told would not b likely 2 get child or children under 2(was looking at siblings)

Tammy

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
The others have given you some good advice

What I would add is that social services would place the children in an approved foster carers home until a long term plan was sorted out for them. Which would mean them being placed in foster care while you went through the foster/adoption process.
I would see it unlikely they would place outside of the family to people who needed to be approved as foster carers.

I would definately speak to social services to see where you stand

xx

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi

I have no experience in this just wanted to send you a ((HUG)) and hope that you manage to get things sorted out. As the others have said if you speak to Social Services they will be able to advise you on what the next step is.

Nefe
xx

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
Have no wise advice as this is a difficult situation you're in and I have no idea about what can/can't should/shouldn't be done. But in the end you have to do what is good for you. Good luck hun  ^hugme^

Kay xxx

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^hello^ ^wave^

Thank you 4 all the advice & support.  ^Cuddle^

I've spoken 2 my sisters friend to find out exactly whats going on.

Says she cant be a mum anymore, has said if we don't want 2 adopt

them she understands but would prefer us to as says she knows

they will be well looked after. If we decided we couldn't do it she is

giving them over 2 SS for adoption.

Had a VERY LONG talk with DH. Think we have decide to go along with this,

after r long chat decided if we past this chance & wait a while to go through

adoption we would end up kicking ourselves with the age factor as both children

r still very young. Am now waiting to hear from SW to find out next step.

This is so scary could have r own little family by Christmas.  ^pray^

Will update when i have more news

Tammy

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
Tammy - now that you've made that decision I can safely say that I would've done the same too  :) What a wonderful opportunity those kids have now. I hope all goes smoothly and that you are able to go ahead with an adoption with no problems.  ^hugme^

Kay xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts