Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My DH has his first appointment tomorrow at The Bridge Centre in London and I just notice on their web site the following:

"Dr Balet will assess patients on the Friday of each clinic and perform Pesa/Tese as appropriate the following day"

Does this mean that DH could possibly have his SSR on Saturday?  I don't know wheather to be happy about this or not.  If they find something then that is fine but what if they find nothing how are we going to cope with that? 

Is there anyone out there who has had SSR at The Bridge Centre (or anywhere else) that can advise me on how long they had to wait between the first consultation and SSR.

Sorry to pry but I really need to know if anyone else has ever come across this before.

Help!!!!!

Lol

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hey just read your post sorry to hear of your problems. I know it's a different case entirely but if you look in the cancer section under introductions - has anyone been succesful through cancer'               
There are lots of women who's husbands have had cancer - some of them have had this procedure to obtain the sperm prior to treatment. It may be a long shot but it's worth a try.
Good luck for your appointment
Luv Sicknote

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Fin,

Technically SSR isn't such a bad procedure, I was talking to the ladies in the chatroom tonite and found one had a husband who had SSR at 5pm today and is kept in for obs. I found this strange.

My experiance was about 2 hours in and out, and I didn't feel so bad as I didn't remember a thing.  A bit uncomfortable but not for long. Plus you'll have to drive him home. 

The real issue we got was we couldn't start the ladies tx until we had some sticks in the freezer. They got some strands of what I assume was imature sperm from the testies.  What they can then do is offer a treatment called MOST, from what I remember (i can look at the notes later) they try and grow the sperms to mature enough for fertilisation.

I have to admit it's daunting when the possible options gets reduced further and further and as a bloke I found my pride and want to have MY child cut deep.  But I think you'll be pleasently surprised.

All the best
Andy

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Andy,

I have been speaking with you over on the ICSI board under the Male Factor thread and wanted to say thank you so much for your responces.

It is so wonderful to get a male perspective on things as no matter how close me and DH are I think there are lots of feelings he keeps hidden from me.

Sending love and luck to both you and DW.

Fin

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Fin,

Not to put anyone off I think I was desperate for SSR coz I want my own kids.  When my dw had EC, we were waiting in an area divided by only curtains, some bloke came out after SSR and sounded in a right state, worse than a woman cryin' (excuse me). 

Anyway stay positive.
Andy

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy,

I have to give it to you, you really are a little cheerleader for everyone  ^pompom^

I keep seeing you everywhere on the board giving held and advice to everyone and wanted to say WELL DONE & THANK YOU.

Lol

Fin

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
;D  ;D  ;D

Actually it's document review day  ^furios^ for me at work, I'm reviewing security sensitive work that involves a lot of maths and analysis.  The FF work helps me chill out before the brain explodes  ^confused^

Fin, you do well also  ^bow^  ^afro^ I think the fact I started to learn more about this when dw had OHSS means I feel its fair to give back, I ain't no expert by a long shot but maybe I can point the newbies in the right direction.  Also a T1 leased line at work helps.  ;)

TTFN
Andy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts