Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Louise and I'm 28.

I have PCOS and haven't had a natural period for 6 years and have been trying for a baby for 5 years. The few I have had have been induced by Clomid courses. I have had endless courses of Clomid and Metformin. After the last 3 month Clomid course (combined with injections and scans), my partner and I decided to give it a rest for a few months (about 9 months ago) as the upset and pressure was affecting our relationship.

Yesterday, I told my best friend that my boobs were sore and that I was having period pains, so was a bit gutted that I hadn't had a period. She said 'You're not pregnant are you'? I told her not to be ridiculous, as I hadn't had a period for months and you can't have a baby if you aren't producing eggs.

However, on a whim, I bought a pregnancy test last night. 3 tests later, all say positive!?!?

My partner and I are in a state of shock! Is this even physically possible when I don't have periods? Could all 3 tests be wrong? I haven't taken any related drugs for months. Could the results be caused by something else other than pregnancy? I have been taking antibiotics for the past few days for a wisdom tooth infection, could this have falsified the result?

I know it sounds paranoid, but I really don't understand how it is possible!

Any opinions and /or advise would be much appreciated!!

Thanks
Louise
xxx

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think congratulations are needed. My friend has PCOS. She had a BFP after a HSG and then feel pregnant when her first was nearly 1 naturally. She hadn't had periods and guessed PCOS was back again. She must have ovulated and I guess was lucky enough to fall. She didn' know for 8 weeks as wasn't having periods anyway. She has 2 little boys now. 3 tests is a good sign I would say. Hope it goes well.

DiannaK

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
I would say book an appointment with your GP as its looking good  :) Its highly unlikely that your antibiotics have caused the line as on the list of things that can affect a pregnancy test listed in the information leaflet are HCG related drugs (I.E things we would use during treatment).  Congratulations it does indeed look like your pregnant hun  ;D ;D

Bekie

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi!

Just to let you know that I contacted the fertility unit at the hospital at 8 o'clock. They have booked me in for an internal scan at 2:20 this afternoon to date the pregnancy and check everything is o.k.

She echoed what you guys have said. She told me that she has never known a false positive!

So excited/nervous/scared/apprehensive/happy !!!!

I'll keep you updated and let you know the outcome. Thanks for all the support and advice

Louise
xxx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Louise - just wanted to pop in to say Congratulations!  That is fantastic news - love news like this!!!

So pleased for you, you must be over the moon.

How has dh taken it?!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi Louise
My sister has about 1 period every 2 years (she has never has any investigations to see why as she was quite happy that she didnt have them!!) and now she has a 2 1\2 year old and 9 month old twins all naturally!!!  So even with out periods it is deffinatly possible to get pregnant
sending tons of  ^reiki^ for your appointment

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hiya,

DH is really happy, but I think he's trying to contain it until I've had a scan.
Still seems very cautious about getting too excited.
Don't think it will feel real to me until I've seen it with my own eyes!
I don't think I've ever felt so many different emotions at one time!
Sod's law, I get married in 10 weeks (been together for 8 years) and have just started my own business.
Looks like I'm going to be busy (fingers crossed)!

Thanks Charlie, that is really encouraging, cos I keep asking myself how it is even possible!

It's so nice to have this site. My family and friends are really caring, but they have never really been able to understand what I was going through (make myself sound like a martyr)!

Thanks guys, sooooo nice to know that people who you've never met could care about you. This is coming from someone who hates stuff like ********, my space etc!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY!!!!!

Scan went really well. I'm only 5 and 1/2 weeks gone, but yep, I'm defo pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got another scan booked for 2 weeks time so they can check the heartbeat (too small at the mo, about 3mm)! and to measure the baby to give me my exact due date.

Still trying to get my head round it as I've spent sooooo many years coming to terms with the fact that it wasn't going to happen; and still find it amazing that this has happened with NO periods!

Thank you all so much for your support. It was much needed and much appreciated first thing this morning when I was panicking that it was all too good to be true!

I will keep you all updated after my scan in a couple of weeks (still arly days, so trying to keep grounded)

Rubbish with those smiley things and stuff but I'm hoping to pass on some of my amazing luck to at least some of you amazing women who all deserve to feel like this. I've got everything crossed for all of you!!

Thanks & lots of love
Louise
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

·
Registered
794 Posts
Louise i can not say how pleased i am for you but hopefully this will convey it a bit  ;)
Wooohhhhhhhhhhhooooooooo  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^Exercise!2^ ^jumpin^ ^jumpin^ ^gift^ ^congrats^ ^congrats^ ^BFP^ ^BFP^ ^smash^ ^roflmao^ ^Cuddle^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^spin^
Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh
The most fantastic news hun
xxxx  ^hugme^

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wow - this has really given me hope.  I have PCOS and do not ovulate, but often have a really light period.  Just done IVF and BFN and didnt know where to go form here.  This is great news for you - well done.  I guess you gettign married and starting your own business made you think of something else and nature took its course.  Thank you for giving me back some hope.....

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts