Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am 22 weeks pregnant after ivf all is well with the pregnancy!!

I will explain the situation,i was due 2 last december have 2 teeth out as they were broken off i also have gum deseise. I have pus coming from both of those teeth but no pain!! I was not supposed 2 start ivf till january but i went 2 our planning appointment on the wed and they wanted me 2 start on the fri!! so i was not able to have teeth removed and 2 b honest it was at the back of my mind during this time!!

I have read that u should look after ur teeth during pregnancy, i went 2 dentist wen i was 5 wks and had them cleaned i told the dentist my concerns and she just shrugged, so i have looked throu internet and tried 2 find the answer but found nothin.
I was reading my pregnancy bible last nite and came across the section about teeth and it said if u have infection u are at risk of late micarraige or stillborn so i am now extremeley worried and anxious!! I feel reallly embarrased 2 tell midwife!!!

Can you give me any help or advice!!!

I am in such a state worrying!!

Please help!!!

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

I would definitely recommend seeing your dentist soon, you sound like you need antibiotics. It's more if you become very ill with an infection that risks like you have mentioned occur, but you need to nip it in the bud before it gets any worse. Your midwife won't be able help very.much with this, so ring the dentists in the morning,

All the best,

Emilycaitlin xx

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou so much will give them a call you have eased my mind greatly x x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts