Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start can I just say sorry to the Mods, I know im in the wrong place but was just trying to catch a few answers first....

I feel rubbish and was hoping someone might be able to offer an insight or a suggestion.
Im assuming its PMT but ive never really had it before - I am going from literally wanting to rip DH apart (or anyone really) - I am so filled with rage its scary, to this week where I am more tearful than I can ever remember. I am writing this in tears and have spent the whole day like this and I cant control it  :'(
I spent the morning crying because the house was untidy - but its been untidy for 4 years, why should it matter today???  Im watching Strictly in tears for no reason, anyway you get the idea....

I've been to the GP - she told me to go away and google PMT  ^bigbad^
Apparently im too old for the pill, I dont want an implant - and the thought of prozac (her only other suggestion) doesnt fit as I need to be regular and im not.

Has anyone got any homepathic options/success stories - or anything to steer clear of even?
Feel very pathetic at the moment and just want it to all go away  :(

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chux she was lucky she got me on a tearful day & not a violent one or I would have slapped her  ^bigbad^
Thanks for the Vit tip, will give that a go, evening primrose isnt touching it  :-\  - still in tears this morning, its like someone has turned a tap on, ridiculous!

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Oh honey I feel your pain, before I had babies I used to get the weepy emotional type of PMT and agonising pains that had me bedridden for the first two days, then after babies I swapped physical pain for red mists and unbelievable rage.  I don't know what comes over me, and the worse thing is, my children probably bear the brunt of my mood.  I've never had feelings of anger quite like it, DH was gobsmacked when I first lost it with him, we have disagreements but I've never railed at him like that.  It first happened when I got my period back after having M, and thereafter every time so I know its hormonal. 

St Johns Wort (herbal remedy) is supposed to help, but it is very strong and I get away with just drinking the tea rather than taking tablets.  You have to be careful with it as it can interact with other medecines, and of course I'd recommend you actually see a herbalist who knows what they're talking about before taking it.

I think I may go invest in some B6, I had forgotten about that, I used to take it for my period pains, among a whole host of other things that never seemed to touch it, til acupuncture sorted me and my periods out (and helped me conceive, I'm fairly convinced).

Perhaps a good acupuncturist could help us.

What an unsympathetic doctor.  :mad:

C x

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm also a PMT sufferer, have been all my life, and I've tried everything under the sun. It wasn't until my sister developed an intolerence to wheat products that I think I've discovered a cure... by avoiding bread she no longer has period pains and when I also cut out bread during my period, the pain stopped for me too. I still eat a lot of bread products but just not when I have a period. You feel a lot less bloated and not so crampy.

Another thing I find really helps is to have a steaming hot bath first thing in the morning - as hot as you can handle (I'm sure I'm scalding myself half the time, but the cramps definitely ease up!). As for the iritability, I'm afraid my DH just has to live with it, he's in the firing line most of the time anyway! But I'm going to start yoga (I've got the DVD anyway) and friends tell me that helps.

I tend to keep myself dosed up with ibuprofen for the first few days but if you're looking for a natural remedy then lavender oil on a hanky is quite calming to sniff at.

Cant believe your doctors attitude, that's just outrageous. Hope you're feeling over the worst of it now.

Love Nicky xxx

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
hiya  ^hugme^  i can totally sympathise with u hun.  i am the exact same.....its horrible. even worse cause u no ur being outta line and cant control it  :(    my dr was as much use as urs....it was a woman which was even more disappointing. she said not many options - either family planning advice or anti deps!  i went on the pill and have found a difference - could u perhaps go to family planning clinic and talk thru ur options or go to herbal shop and ask them?  good luck sweetie xxxx  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Evening all
Well AF arrived this morning so at least I know I was right at the peak of emotion last yesterday - i've still been blubbing today but not as bad or quite as irrationally today (well I did cry at pictures of christmas trees this morning  ^idiot^ ::) ).

Calmy its always good to know you're not alone, thank you for the reply  ^hugme^

Laroussi I am a relatively recent sufferer so I am thankful for that and havent had to deal with for years like you have  ^hugme^  - I have only had it for about 18 months - after my 2nd LO. I used to go to yoga regularly and found it a great stress reliever, my DH works away during the week now so I cant attend class but I really loved going & the sense of calm - hope it works for you  ^hugme^

Mrs CW, never thought about acupuncture, we have a local holistic/alternative health centre so I may enquire there, thanks  ^hugme^ . I have been a horrid rat bag to live with for the past few months and I really want to make an effort to do something.  We have buckets of St Johns Wort in the house as DH takes it for anxiety so will bear that one in mind too.

I am still quite annoyed at the doctor, I specifically went to see a woman doctor (who had previously been really understanding) as I thought she would 'get it' - and it was the first day of the really bad snow, and I got there, on time, dragging a 2yr old - to be told to go away and google it  ^bigbad^ . Maybe I should have seen a man GP and baffled him with "womens things"  ::) ;D

Thank you all very much for the replies, I really appreciate - oops, in tears again!
Chux, i've ordered some B6  ;)

Rx

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Staly I feel pants for not seeing this sooner  :-\  how are you doing now, a few days in?  ^hugme^

I just wanted to copy this for you, it was in that literature I told you about, the stuff the GP gave me and it had a bit about Vit B6 ....

"Vit B6 (pyridoxine) is part of the normal diet, but extra amounts are thought to help with PMS. However, the evidence to support this is still conflicting. You can take the vitamin tablets either in the two weeks before periods, or every day. NOTE: do NOT take more than the recommended does of 10mg a day, as too much can be harmful"

I went back to the GP for further chats and we decided against the tablets I told you about and despite thinking of you while in her consulting room I've been prescribed the pill  :-\ I'm a bit gutted about it but as we said it's not forever and if I don't get on well with them I can just stop taking them .... we'll see though.

I'd love to hear how you get on if you ever try accupuncture.

Maybe you should also go back to that GP, she could have been having a bad day, you never know what she was dealing with before you walked in (I only say that 'cos I took W in a week or so ago and the Dr I saw was clearly in the middle of something quite serious about another patient, she took two calls from the hospital while we were in there) maybe she'd be more understanding a second time  ^hugme^

B xxx :-*

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
~ Chux ~ said:
What an unhelpful doctor! I saw mine a couple of years ago as I started suffering terribly and could happily have killed, and she told me to take vitamin B6.

Chux xx

Mine told me the same when I saw him for my hot and cold flashes. Well, actually he told me to take B12 - even wrote it down for me, but I realised as I was stood at the counter selecting them that he meant B6.

Aren't some GPs just so helpful. ::)

C~x

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BG  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ 
I read through all of your PM and had a chat to DH about it but he doesnt even want me to consider the other tablets - so im left with not many options :-\ . Let me know how you get on with the pill, im planning on going back after new year and trying a different GP, I was lucky I was at home on Floodgate day, if I had been in work it would have been horrific  - they think im a right hard faced c0w  ;D

Caz your doctor was obviously having a senior moment  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^  - good job you knew what he meant!

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
Agnus Castus worked miracles for me, i'd been on Evening primrose prior with no effect.  I used AC for probably a year or so and then came off it and have been (touch wood) fine since  :)  .

Perhaps when you go back to the gp's, you could ask them about taking something herbal if they dont help any further  ^hugme^ 

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
As of today (what great timing  ::) ) I am officially on the pill  ^eyes^ the really weird thing is that I've been fine this week, no moods or anything  :-\ I have no idea what's going on  ^bigbad^

Maybe the AC that wynnster suggested is worth a try ....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.