Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was ~17 when I was told as having "menopause blood" by a local doctor in Penang, M'sia, but no treatments was done then. Recently 24 yrs old, I did another blood test and was diagnosed as having POF with the following test results:-

1) TSH: 1.166 mIU/l
2) FSH: 79.4 mIU/ml
3) LH: 68.6 mIU/ml
4) Prolactin: 17 ng/ml

I don't really know how to interpret these data and was devastated when the doctor told me I can never bear my own baby! The doctor directly prescribe me with estrogel, which I dare not start to apply yet. If I intend to try to get pregnant, what are my chances? Should I start HRT while trying to conceive or will HRT damage my chances? Should I get more tests done to check on the causes? What are the tests? What do I have to do from here?

I'm having difficulties trying to locate a reproductive endocrinologist here, and I really need some help. I will do ANYTHING to get pregnant. I don't know who to go to.... pls help.....   :'(

Btw, are there any experienced doctors who can do online consultation and help me analyse my case????

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Nwtyng,

I am so sorry to read your post.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to interpret the information either, but I just wanted to let you know that I saw a fantastic gynecologist  in Miri whilst I was living in Brunei.  He is Dr Lee and can be found at the Selasa Medical Centre in Miri.  He was very thorough and very sympathetic.

Sorry I can't be of more help to you, I can only imagine how upset you are.  I hope you can find someone that will give you a second opinion with a more positive outcome.

Take care,
Taff x

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Sorry to hear of your sad situation. If you aren´t getting periods and the bloods were just done, then the levels do indicate menopause. If you do get cycles no matter how irregular then it is worth repeating the test on your next day 2 and seeing what the levels are. If they are still showing an FSH of 20 or more than I am sorry that you won´t be able to have your own genetic child. The HRT won´t affect things, it is there to help with maintaining you bone density etc.
Do look at the donor sperm/ donor eggs bit as there are alot of girls there in the same position.

Ruth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts