Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on Prempak and thyroxine for POF, i went through a stage where i did not take these for years.
I am now really worried that by not doing this i could have damaged my womb, i started taking prempak again this month is there any way of finding out if i can still carry a child?
Sorry for the drama but someone mentioned to me that there may be an issue as a result - I am very stupid ! and its a long story

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi again

I am sure you will not have damaged your womb.  I don't know why someone would say that to you.  My cousin, also early menopause did not have any HRT for about 5 years and she is fine.  (she also now has 3 children !)

The main reason for taking HRT when you have an early menopause is to protect your bones against osteoporosis so as long as you take them now you should be fine.

Some ladies going through IVF have never had a period due to hormonal reasons and they are still able to carry a child.

When you have treatment, you will be given stronger hormones to build up the lining of your womb ready for embryo transfer so whether you take HRT now or not has no bearing on it.

Please don't worry

Jennifer xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.