Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me.

I am on my second cycle of IUI, I went for my first scan yesterday and the nurse told me I have polycystic ovaries as I have a chain of small follicles on my left ovary. This is the first anyone has told me about this despite seeing my fertility dr for 2 and a half years, 6 failed cycles of clomid and 1 failed cycle of IUI.

They are now talking about abandoning my tx and I'm back tomorrow so they can make a decision.

Obviously this has come as bit of shock to me and I want to make sure I ask all the right questions tomorrow to find out all I can. Does anyone have any ideas what I need to ask - unfortunately with my clinic it seems if I dont get the questions right they dont give me the information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks & Good Luck to everyone

Angus x

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Angus
I am sorry to hear about the news you have had at your scan, it must have come as a big shock to you.
I would ask anything you are worried about, there are no set questions and I would tend to go with my gut questions. If your clinic aren't overly helpful, your GP will hopefully be of more help & can answer questions for you as they arise.
Even if you feel something is a trivial question, do ask the clinic.

Chick

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chick

I spent last night scouring the internet and I'm now armed with my list LOL So hopefully I should get some answers this afternoon

Thanks again

Angus x

·
Registered
847 Posts
Hi there, i have had them too.

But when i had laparoscopy they blasted some of them away, slo through treatment some have disapeared.

5 yrs after being told i had them, and 4 go's later we are pg, so please don't let this dampen your future, it can be done!

Good luck x

Zoe x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Angus

I hope all went well with your meeting.

I have been diagnosed with PCOS on July 27, which is when I had my third scan in the last six months. I could not believe that nobody had ever seen this before or at least commented on it! I go to the gynae regularly and have a scan every time. In the last six months, we discovered my husband has a low sperm count and were looking at fertility treatment, hence the three scans.

Is it possible for this condition to just appear out of the blue? Why wouldn't a doctor comment on it? It seems like it is a pretty serious condition. I only went to a new doctor for another opinion. Now my period is one week late (after ovulating one week late) and I have already had a negative pregnancy test last week. I want to believe that this is good news....but what with PCOS and everything....who knows now??!!

I am very confused.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi Sonya
I was first diagnosed with pcos at 16 & I had surgery then the remove a large cyst I was told I was virtually cured. I had various meds to control the symptoms, the pill, depo provera. I moved house and change hospitals, change consultant.
Started seeing my current gynae in 2002 and had surgery with him on numerous occassions but it wasn't until this May that I was told my pcos had 'officially' returned, this was due to the fact that I had had 2 cycles of IUI which had to be abandonned due to my ovaries not responding. I asked why it had taken such a long time to get an 'official' diagnosis & I was told that they like to see the ovaries behaviour over a period of time before they make the diagnosis of having pcos.
It may have been your gynae suspected you had pcos but rather than rush into giving you a diagnosis based one 1 scan he has waited to see all your scans and then when he is happy with his diagnosis he has told you.
I can understand what you are feeling though, it can feel like a bolt from the blue, but on this part of the section there is a great bunch of girls who understand what it is like living with pcos and there some fantastic suggestions for managing the condition.
Wishing you lots of luck
Chick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts