Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I have a question...........................

We are unexpalined I ovulate normally etc. Having never had a lap it is difficult to know what my insides are like although I did have the HSG xray which I was told showed my tubes were fine, I saw it myself.

Anyway during my last IVF and FET I am told over and over again that my ovarys appear to be polycysitc on the screen, again I have seen them myself. I have had several day 21 blood tests which have always shown a good level of progesterone so I def do ovulate normally. I have been told that some women do have polycystic ovarys but do still ovulate normally.

I do also have a lot of signs of polycystic ovarys, ie sudden weight gain in the last few years and a few others! This morning during sex I had a lot of pain in one of my ovarys so much so that we had to stop it felt like I did when I am on stims. I am only on day 7 of this cycle though so cant be a follie waiting to pop.

I am seriously considering asking for a lap on my private health insurance to see what things are like inside. Do you think this would be worth while? I could use the excuse of painfull monthly cycles which I seem to get more of latlety.

Although i do ovulate my question is would some of my hormone levels be elevated as a side effect of the PCOS which could still cause problems conceiving? Even though there is an egg there? I am not very good either on the fertile mucous production could that be related?

Thanks in advance Peter, I am getting ready for my follow up apt at last next week ???

Love Lou xxx

P. S I am the one that gets the severe ovulation pain each month and sometimes have to take Nurofen, any connection to PCOS?????

·
Registered
856 Posts
Lou said:
Hi Peter

I have a question...........................

We are unexpalined I ovulate normally etc. Having never had a lap it is difficult to know what my insides are like although I did have the HSG xray which I was told showed my tubes were fine, I saw it myself.

That's good

Anyway during my last IVF and FET I am told over and over again that my ovarys appear to be polycysitc on the screen, again I have seen them myself. I have had several day 21 blood tests which have always shown a good level of progesterone so I def do ovulate normally. I have been told that some women do have polycystic ovarys but do still ovulate normally.

Correct!

I do also have a lot of signs of polycystic ovarys, ie sudden weight gain in the last few years and a few others! This morning during sex I had a lot of pain in one of my ovarys so much so that we had to stop it felt like I did when I am on stims. I am only on day 7 of this cycle though so cant be a follie waiting to pop.

I am seriously considering asking for a lap on my private health insurance to see what things are like inside. Do you think this would be worth while?

Not unless there are clear medical indications and your physician recommends it. This is surgery with all the related riskd so unless you really need oit don't have it.

I could use the excuse of painfull monthly cycles which I seem to get more of latlety.

See above

Although i do ovulate my question is would some of my hormone levels be elevated as a side effect of the PCOS which could still cause problems conceiving?

Possibly

Even though there is an egg there?

Possibly

I am not very good either on the fertile mucous production could that be related?

It will contribute to the problem

Thanks in advance Peter, I am getting ready for my follow up apt at last next week ???

Good luck!!

Peter
Love Lou xxx

P. S I am the one that gets the severe ovulation pain each month and sometimes have to take Nurofen, any connection to PCOS?????

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Peter for the advice :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts