Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My Ds is 22mnths old and has been showing all the signs that it was time he used his potty.  Initially he made great progress within days and aslong as the potty was visable he used it to wee in.  He will not ask but then again at his young age i dont expect him to.  Weare 2 weeks in now and yes he still uses the potty but we are having morw accidents day by day.  He knows he is weeing as he stands and does it so knows its coming.  He will not under any circumstances poo on the potty.  Infact we have major panic for about 20 mins cos he can feel he wants to go.  hen he can no longer wait its sheer distress and he poos anywhere.  i have tried putting him on the potty as he is pooing and then clapping and praising him but he looks horrified hes done it.  any ideas on either the poos or wees?

Shaz xx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
My little chap won't poo on the potty or toilet! He waits until he has his nappy on at night time! I am not going to push it with him at the moment but will have to sooner rather than later. So sorry cant help with that one. Would love some tips if anyone has any

With regards to the wee. I left the potty out all day when we were potty training and every 10 to 15 mins would say need a wee wee and he would say no but I would put him on the potty any how and tell him to try. Even if he created a little and it is annoying to have to keep asking them. It seemed to work and touch wood no accidents.

I will say that we attempted toilet training before christmas and he just wasn't ready so we gave up and then in feb time we started again and he was ready. 

^goodluck^ with it. I am sure some of the others will have some good advice for you :)

x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts