Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My twins are 15 weeks old.  I am concerned about one of my twin girls  - Ella's, milk consumption at the moment. Over the last 10 days she has become really fussy with her milk, I cant get her to take any more than 2oz at a time.  Up until this point she had been taking 6oz and would have had more if id let her.  Up until recently my girls were breastfed but I have gradually reduced the amount of BF's I have been doing, starting with a formula bottle at night, but now I only do 1 BF first thing in the morning.  I am using Aptamil milk and until the last 10 days both girls were fine with this and would happily guzzle away.  Im really worried about the recent change for Ella as I really dont think she will have gained any weight when I take her to be weighed this week.  At the 8pm feed tonight she took an ounce and then fell asleep.  She is still sleeping.  Both girls are on Gaviscon Infant and Colief as suggested by my HV as they have been having problems settling between feeds and seemed to be in quite a lot of discomfort.  The good news is that there has been a big improvement in how content/settled they are etc, now I just have the worry of Ella's poor feeding pattern, which as a result it preventing us from establishing a proper routine.

Over the last few weeks my girls have been drooling a lot and had fists in their mouths, so im not sure if the teething process has started.  I dont know if this could be affecting Ella's feeding?  Or perhaps the warm weather?  I really dont know. 
Thanks
Anna

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Anna

How are things going?

Jxx

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

There has been a bit of improvement in Ella's feeding, I cant get her to take any more than 4oz at a time though.

Anna x

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hiya Anna

To be honest some baby's wont have any more than that in a fed. So she may be a little and often girl.

If you can, try and get her weighed monthly so you can see how nicely she is growing.

Jxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts