Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter

I have recently failed my 5th ICSI attempt. This time our fertilisation rate was very poor. I had 26 eggs collected, of which 24 were deemed good enough for injection but only 9 fertilised.
I realise this is very poor for ICSi and was wondering what the possible reasons could be?

My consultant has queried the quality of my eggs before - could this be a factor? Or sperm quality or even embryologist skill?

Would like to know what may have caused such a poor fertilisation rate?

Many thanks
Kerry

·
Registered
856 Posts
KT said:
Dear Peter

I have recently failed my 5th ICSI attempt. This time our fertilisation rate was very poor. I had 26 eggs collected, of which 24 were deemed good enough for injection but only 9 fertilised.

This is a very poor fertilisation rate for ICSI and suggest either a technical problem or a sperm/egg problem.

I realise this is very poor for ICSi and was wondering what the possible reasons could be?

See above. You need to ask what the overall ICSI fertilisation rate is for the clinic. It should be 85-95%.

My consultant has queried the quality of my eggs before - could this be a factor? Or sperm quality or even embryologist skill?

Any of the above. Further investigation is needed.

Would like to know what may have caused such a poor fertilisation rate?

See above,

Good luck!

Peter

Many thanks
Kerry

1 - 2 of 2 Posts