Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We've just had our 3rd ICSI attempt and I'm currently on the dreaded 2ww. We had 2 embies fertilise (both grade 1), but we're a little concerned as when we had a chat with the embryologist she said that none of the sperms looked normal.  Apparently they look firstly for a perfect looking sperm, with nice head and straight tail.  If there are none of those, they look for the perfect heads.  Well our eggs were injected with good heads but bent tails! What impact does this have?  Is it still possible to get a BFP?
My DH has v low sperm count, with non progressively motile and poor morphology.  As they couldn't find any normal looking sperm, what does this mean?

Sorry for all the questions, but since we've found out we haven't been told much except the need for ICSI.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Love
Hope2
xxx

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Dear Hope2
Sorry don't know the answer to your question but wanted to wish you luck on the 2ww.  Having two grade 1 embryos sounds pretty good to me in any case!  Why don't you give your embryologist a ring and ask for some further information - the ones at my clinic were very approachable and hopefully your one would be too.  Good luck, Ellie.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks, my husband and I have been checking out your forum today and I have now joined. Me - 29, husband 29. He has been for semen analysis this week. Only 4% normal forms. Motility at room tem. 5% Excellen, 60% sluggish. At 37 degrees 30% excellent, 70 percent sluggish. Is anyone able to pass comment on these figures.

We were devastated yesterday as we expected everything to be normal. Have been trying for 12 months now. Feel like the last 24 hours have been a big bad dream.

Love to hear some support.

Love Kate and Toby x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there,

we have some of the same issues and for the past 3 months, my DH has been taking zinc and selenium, eating lots of brazil nuts, and whole grains and also has recently started acupuncture.

He just got retested in advance of ICSI and the numbers have really improved - could not believe it. The morphology 3 months ago was 5% normal and now is 15% - big difference. Also his count imporved by 20m.

It is deffo worth a try, Best of Luck to you,

EJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.