·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
me first me first!!!!

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Oo Nix, you're quick!  ;D

Laura - good that you're taking care of yourself. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, but rest up as much as you can. be good to get that pool of blood out so the embryos can get comfy.

Beach - what are you planting? I got canna lilies and dahlias and an acer in the other day. Had to get the slug pellets out, as they love cannas. This year I really MUST protest them from the frost. I think I've lost a few things this year.

Steph - how's your teeth?

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Woohooo!!!! laaalaaaalaaa it's the first time I've ever managed that! ^clapping^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^

....Hmmm ok so it's a first but no need to get carried away Nix.  I think I need to get out more.  Or something ::)

Yes ladies, it's day 6 of stimms and the brain damage has properly kicked in. Have just shouted down the phone at the bank because I've gone overdrawn (because that would be their fault, wouldn't it ^idiot^) and then put the phone down and burst into tears!  YAY - GO NIX!!!

PMA has gone AWOL and having stopped to think about it, I reckon this is the first time I've gone into a cycle thinking that it's probably NOT going to work, rather than thinking "well there's no reason why it shouldn't".  I just wanna get it over and done with so we can go to the ARGC where they're going to test everything properly rather than just telling me my eggs are [email protected]

Anyway enough about me and my psychotic behaviour

Terry- so sorry that the medical "professionals" are for some bizarre reason making a difficult and painful situation even more so.  I think you sound so calm and together considering what you're going through, they should be giving you a medal, not more bloody grief!

BG hon, hope you're ok, enjoy the gardening

Mira - hope you and Bob are ok and not overdoing it in the garden!

Laura - hope that bleeding resolves itself soon.  It never fails to amaze me how insensitive people can be to our fears though.  I know your DH means well but you can't just switch on optimism like flicking on a light switch!  And isn't it totally normal to be apprehensive with a triplet pregnancy?!  I think so!

Sorry no more perso's but my ovaries are clearly trying to push out some decent sized follies (haha! How ironic that the most pain is coming from the ovary that I KNOW is doing f ^censored^ k all) so I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable sat at the pooter..  And I'm going to the hairdressers later, 3 hours sat in the same position, that'll really help!  Oh well look on the bright side, at least I'll have a nice new hairstyle by the end of the day :)

Laters girlies
xxx

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Awww Nix -  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ - try and recover that PMA  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ I'm in a terrible mood too.  At work, suffering AF pains and have to go to the lovely clinic for scan, injection instruction & drug collection at lunchtime.

Terry - really sorry you are having to go through all this cr%p. DP always laughs at me for my loathing of doctors but I just get so fed up with them.  I have been having shorter cycles with my IUD and it is bugging me cos I've always had cycles slightly on the short side.  My GP said he had never heard of that being a problem and sent me on my way.  I dug out a load of research reports/information sheets which indicated that it could be an issue and went back armed with them, at which point he said it looked as though I was right and finally started to discuss options.  All on hold now cos of other things but still really irritating that I had to do my own research to be taken seriously. ^bigbad^  If only all docs could be like our own dear Nicks.  Hope everything sorts out for you soon. ^hugme^

Beach -  hope the garden is fun.  ^hugme^ 

Laura - it is so annoying when your fears are not taken seriously; a triplet pregnancy is going to make you anxious and, although there's probably nothing to worry about with a bit of spotting, it's still worth getting it checked just for peace of mind. 

Hi Miranda - any twinges yet??

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Mir- my favourite plants are perennials and I love hemerocalis lilies especially.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Yay! I have bundles of hemerocalis. Only problem is they don't flower for long. I have a gorgeous purple penstemon which flowers and flowers, and my mum's rose, also purple, seems to be flowering for England this year. Can't wait for our lilies to come out!

LilJen - yuk for period pain. Horrid. No, no twinges! I would have expected some by now, but nada.

Nix, are you not going to the Lister? It's just the ARGC has a great rep, but the Lister seems better for PRs.
I'm always overdrawn too - it really gets to me that they charge so much when you do - after all, if you had £35 to give them you wouldn't be od, would you? Grr.

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
hi Mira

yeah I messed up cos our current account in the uk doesn't have salaries paid into it anymore but there's a linked savings account with a large balance on it.  We used to have a large o/d facility on the current account but they withdrew it when we stopped paying salaries in when we moved to Frogland so I'm sposed to tfr money from the savings to the current on those rare occasions when I use the debit card. But I forgot to do the tfr so we went o/d.  I am a muppet. ^idiot^

I'd forgotten about the charge, better flick a bit more dosh over to cover that too!  But aren't they sposed to be reducing those charges now? 35quid is a bit bloody steep considering they probably only pay the call centre staff minimum wage and then all they have to do is press a button to process the payment!

Sh1t is that true about Lister vs ARGC for poor responders?  I was convinced the ARGC was going to be the answer to all our prayers!  Do Lister monitor you every day?

xxx

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
No they don't. In fact, I'd recommend the Jinemed above either of them, as the monitoring is so good and they don't baulk at low AMH/high FSH. Plus, both the Lister and the ARGC are so damned expensive.

But yes, the Lister has a much better record with PRs - the ARGC don't encourage PRs generally, so I've heard. But then, I've never been to the ARGC. Does anyone else know what they're like with PRs?

I just can't handle being discouraged is all! I know enough to know what my chances are without my cons/nurses being negative, you see - as do you.

xxxx

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi guys - just keeping the thread

x x x x

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Nix - I would agree with Miranda and look into the Lister as well as ARGC.  ARGC has great stats but given that it has strict "entry requirements" (e.g. maximum FSH of 10), I wouldn't have said it can have had as much experience with PRs as the Lister where they don't impose such limits. 

Well I am just back from my scan. Embarrassing because of heavy blood flow but no cysts or anything like that and a "good number" of antral follicles there already, which apparently is a good sign.  Then had the dreaded FSH/E2 blood draw and have to ring back at 3 for results so fingers crossed. Am dreading my FSH having suddenly rocketed or something - it has been 4.1 and 6.9 on tests in Feb and March so should be ok but just reading about people whose FSH doubles in a month or something is terrifying me!  Anyway, assuming all is well, I have to go back to the clinic later today to pick up drugs and get told how to inject etc.  Am feeling really depressed.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Mir- I'm setting off now to pinch some day lilies, put the kettle on  ;D

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
hi again. It would be so bloody ironic to end up back at the Lister again. That's where I started off way back in 06 god seems like 2 lifetimes ago, not 2 years.  I was going to be an egg sharer but then we moved to France and as it turned out I was a pr so it wouldn't have happened anyway.

To tell you the truth I haven't really allowed myself to think too deply about the high FSH issue.  I just figured I'd go for it. Obviously if we get there and the FSH is too high then we'll have to reconsider but I haven't had mine checked since forever.  My cons here doesn't even bother to check it but I know my AMH is low.  I thought the ARGC just went on FSH? Do they base their decision on AMH too?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Nix - I really don't know; from what I've read ARGC tends to use FSH but I could be wrong.

I have just called the clinic and apparently the instruction to "call at 3" isn't a call for your results but just for a pointless chat with a nurse who tells you to ring back at 4.  ^bigbad^ 

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi Ladies

Will do the AAM post first to get it over with.

9 follies in total so am I hugely relieved that there is something going on.  Dr seems happy so I feel much better about things.  Next scan Friday so hopefully things will still be OK.  Thanks everyone for all of your support, it helps so much!  I will stick around on here if that is OK?

Nix - I think we must be at the same stage, hope everything is going OK for you.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  Fingers crossed you won't need the Lister or the ARGC.  I have also read that the Lister is supposed to be good for PR.  I have friends that have been to both.  The one that went to the AGRC is also a PR, she only had one go there and then moved clinics as she didn't feel comfortable there, obviously that was just her opinion and I wouldn't rule out ever going there myself.

Swoo - Good Luck with your scan tomorrow.

LittleJenny - I think what you are doing is great.  I wish I had the foresight to have thought about such a thing.  Hope that you feel better about things soon and that the blood results come back OK.  Great news about your sister.

Terry - I was so shocked to read your post this morning.  Why the hell aren't they taking a possible ectopic seriously??  I have realised by now that just because you pay money does not mean to say that you are going to get a nice polite friendly Dr but if you wanted to pay for your peace of mind (and your health) then that is up to you.  God it makes me sick...

Miranda & Beachgirl - Happy gardening!  I would love to know more about plants but I just put them in the ground, water them and hope they grow.  Don't seem to do too badly with them, wish it was so easy to make a baby!

Laura - I hope that you are putting your feet up and that the bleeding has stopped. Regardless of the fact that you are having triplets I think it is only natural that you would be anxious if you experience bleeding.  I'm sure it is nothing.  Will you have the private scan?

Steph - Hope the teeth are OK!  Dentists yeuch!

Hello to anyone I've missed, there are a lot of you to get to know and keep up with!

Love Button xxxx

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Button - I am so relieved for you. :)  It is all anxiety after anxiety and 9 follies is simply fabulous.  My sister was over the moon with 5!

Swoo - good luck with the scan.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Nix - as Button says, let's hope you don't need either the Lister or the LFC.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Well I'm good to go - FSH came in at 4.5; ostradiol was 141 (in the pmol scale so about 38.5 in the lower scale).  Off to collect the drugs later.

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
I'm sure I can spare you a few clumps Beach! Most of my clumps came from my parents' garden, so they do spread.

Nix - don't go back to the Lister, it's too depressing if you did it before. I hate going back to places where I've not had the result I was after.
Best get that FSH checked before you make plans for the ARGC though. It would be such a blow if they turned round and said no after all thta build-up.

ANYway, you're not going to need all this info, are you?  ^reiki^  ^pray^ that your final free cycle works - the odds are for it working, after all.

Ironically, I went to the Lister to be an egg sharer too. All the bloods were fine, then I only got one huge follie and they abandoned. That's when my AMH was checked.

Button - well done on nine follies! That's a great crop!

LilJen - get some womb juice down your neck, girl! There's no point fighting - clinics are just a bunch of shysters!  ;D

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Some questions...

1. When it comes to keeping the abdomen warm I have bought some sticky heat pads for use at work.  Is it ok to use just one of these on the abdomen or do I have to be more targeted and stick one on each ovary???  At home I can use a hot water bottle which is big enough for the whole lot but that will look a tad daft in the office so I'll be using the pads, which are smaller.

2. Can DP and I have sex while I am on stims?  Sorry to ask this - I did ask at the clinic but they didn't know and said they would find out and get back to me.  I can't believe nobody has asked this before though - unless my clinic's clientele have fertility problems with a fairly basic explanation.

3. Any dietary/other tips??  I have read about milk, pineapple juice and brazil nuts but can't tell if these are to grow follies or thicken womb lining, the latter not being relevant to me!!  I assume the main focus is on lots of protein.

4. Is it ok to have the odd glass of wine on stims?  Didn't want to ask the clinic this... 

Sorry to be a pain but any hints would be helpful.

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Can't believe I missed the thread... been checking all day thinking noone was about!!  ^bigbad^

Jen -  ^roflmao^  A sticky pad on each ovary!!!  Sorry that made me chuckle!! I used the heat sticky pad things this cycle just over night and used it across my lower back.  As for diet, just try to eat healthy but I honestly would't kill yourself.  Relax and have some nice treats too.  Wine in my opinion is fine... I wouldn't get trashed but the odd glass or 2 is fine.  :-*  Oh how exciting!!  What dose you on?  Great FSH!

Button - 9 is fab.  Well done!  ^reiki^

Nix - I have heard too ARGC has a limit of 10 for FSH, i think they are probably very good however i think there skills are with immune issues etc.  Lister personally i don't feel offers anything 'new' for PR's but of course they are positive and open minded (I believe!).  Care Notts were also very positive and do a similar protocol to Jinemed with mixing lots of drugs etc its called the SIRM protocol from the USA... they did not seem to expensive either.  Anyway hopefully you won't need to go anywhere else.  :-*

Beach - Sounds like you have had a productive day.  :-*

Been asleep most of the day, no more bleeding but still got lots of backache.

XX

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Oh Jen also sex is fine although I think once all your follies get big they don' recommend it incase you burst any. ;)

1 - 20 of 295 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.