Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

i just need some advise we have just had our first cycle of iui abandoned due to poor response- i would welcome any info/thought on drug resime-

this cycle we did-

*clomid 100mg cd 2-6
*scan day 3-heavy af which was good
*puregon 100ui day 4-6-8
*scan day 10-lots of little follicles so another 100ui puregon jab
*scan day 12-very little growth- 150ui day 12 and 13 (lining 6.3)
*scan day 14(today) and a few small ones on left and 1 on right-biggest being only 10mm(lining 7.6)
*only had scans and no bloods-is this the norm?

my consultant has said he wishes to see us after 11th april(he is on hols when his nurse comes bk next week!) to discuss a new resime for next attempt.

my history is i have pcos- prior to starting this cycle my lh is fsh where good levels -at present i have a 3cm cyst on left ov which has been drained twice but keeps  coming bk so they went ahead with this cycle and luckily it hasnt grown anymore-
im currently on metformin.
my dh count is fab(so consultant said) 50mil-200mil and 54 %
(means nothing to me)

any help would be great as today has been the worst in the last 6 and half yrs!

love

Mez
xxxx

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi Mez,
I'm so sorry that things have not gone well for you.  I'm not a nurse , but my first cycle of IUI was abandonned because they started me on 50iu of puregon and I didn't respond. The second time I had 100iu and  my ovaries went mad - 9 large and lots of small/medium.  The third I had 75iu and I produced 6 large and several small.  Everyone responds differently to the drugs so I think the first cycle or two are really a way of finding out about how your body responds to the drugs and adjusting the dose accordingly.  Hope this is of some help and good luck with your next cycle
^Cuddle^
Fitou

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey fitou

thanks for your kind words and response to my question

im hoping next time we get to the 2ww

thanks again

Love

Mez
xxxx

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi Mez found you (im you also)!

I too started on puregon on 100 upped to 150 on 1st cycle.
This proceeded to 200-300, now this time was on 400 a day.  Dosage has made no difference to number of follies.  I have a high FSH and am 37, these are all factors in my case.

Think possibly he'll do a higher dose for you.  This time tho I had slower growing follies and I had to stimm for xtra 3 days which had a very good outcome in sizes for me.

Take a list of questions with you and make sure you're satisfied with answers.  I always do this and find it helps,  am reassured after.

Our bodies are nothing short of miracles but boy are they frustrating as hell at times. 

Best wishes Nx

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey nicola

thanks so much for your response-im just hoping we can get going again soon!!!

good luck for ec

love

Mez
xxx

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey

since writing this i have now spoken to our clinic-they think we should move straight to ivf now due to being able to give me qa higher dose of drugs!

i would be intrested to know if this has worked for any of you or if we should push for another iui as other wise its back to the bottom of the waitlist!

thanks

Mez
xxxx

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Mez

I am sorry to hear about your cycle.  I just want to let you know that I have both endometriosis and PCOS.  I was referred to my the nurses in my clinic as `difficult' because they can never get my dosage right.  I tried varying dosages of Puregon (50mg, 100mg, 150mg, 200mg).  Sometimes I don't make follicles AT ALL with 50mg, sometimes I make up to 11 follciles with the same dosage after a few months rest.  150mg makes me grow lots of small little follies (4mm - 12mm), but not big enough to mature so they had to cancel the cycle....and I had quite a few cancelled cycles unfortunately.

Just want to assure you that despite my past experience, Puregon is still a better drug to use for stimms, I have also used gonal but it makes me hyperstimulate.  My consultant says best to stick with Puregon - sometimes you just have to take a small break (a month or two rest) before trying it again.  In my opinion I think it is more to do with how your ovaries are handling the drugs that cycle - sometimes it will work with you, sometimes it won't. 

Good luck and I hope you have a much better cycle next time!!!

Lv, Drew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.