Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new on here and a bit confused.

Our GP told us that we were not eligable for ICSI as my H had no live sperm, however the fertility dr said that we were, although when pushed told us that we were borderline.

H did 3 samples, the 1st came back with a v low count, mostly abnormal and only a few motile.

The 2nd two samples came back v low count, all abnormal, all non-motile.

Has anyone else experienced this and gone on to have ICSI? He had his hormones checked as well and they came back normal, which is apparently v strange as should be high as body should be trying to produce more sperm, so it could be a partial blockage or poor sperm producing cells??

We are currently waiting for our appointment at Bourn Hall which is next month, but I am getting impatient about what our options are ie ICSI or DI.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Tulip,

I have replied to your post on the ICSI Thread.

Lol

Fin

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fin

I thought if I posted it in both places I would get more replies, it seems v quiet in here.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
I would of thought ICSI would be your best bet as effectively if they can find some sperm then they inject this into the egg direct so it does not matter if they are not good swimmers etc.  This is best way to go b4 you think about the DI route.  My DH has no sperm producing cells at all and we are now on 4th IUI after 2 failed DI and 3 failed IUI and it takes a lot to get your head around donor sperm - not something to be taken lightly.

Good luck anyway.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hi Tulip,

My dh had some SA tests done but they were not the sophiscated type like they have at fertility clinics and his SA said NIL.

His other SA's  (at fertility clinic) showed he did have sperm although the count was very very  low...

We also went to see a urologist (which was the best thing we did) , my Dh did all the tests and they all can back normal. Physical exam, scan, hormone tests, genetic tests.. my DH did have mumps as child so that may be a reason. 

We had ICSI done  - we didnt need to go donor route- the embryologist took about 6 hours to find 11 sperm to use for ICSI and we were very lucky and got a bfp...

I would suggest you see a urologist as they can do all the tests and go through everything so at least when you have your appointment at Bourn Hall you will have alot of info together...or you could ask Bourn Hall if they have a urologist you can book up with.

Our fertility dr said to us you need to do icsi and it was our choice if we wanted to see a urologist or not - but it really put our mind at ease.

Wishing you lots of luck. our gp hardly knew anything about fertility stuff!

if you need any more info please feel free to ask more questions, love debs x

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Deb,

How are you? 

Good luck for the scan tomorrow, keeping everything crossed for you.

Lol

Fin

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your replies!

We are really hoping that we get the option to do ICSI, the reason I mentioned DI was because for the 1st month that we found out, we had been told that we had no options at all, so we had some time to think about DI.

We are hoping that we get a more comprehensive result from Bourn Hall as they said that they do more tests..

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Dear Tulip,

Good luck with the extra tests. As your DH's hormone tests are OK so far there may consider looking to see if there is an obstruction.

We DH was found to be azoo and has had 2 TESE's to remove tissue from his testicle. They managed to find enough sperm for 3 ICSI's so far.  Hasn't actually worked but we live in hope.

Hope that your appointment goes well and they come up with some alternatives.  One of our clinics tried to push us into the donor sperm option without giving us a chance.

With warmest regards,

·
Registered
361 Posts
Fin thanks for message - I have PM's you, Debs x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.