Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any advice on some blood results I recently got.

Did the level 1's and came out with the following abnormals -

antithrombin III - 151 (80-130) HI
Immunoglobulins - IgA 3.50 (0.8-2.8) HI
Positive ANA - titre 1:160 - speckled pattern

Obviously I've done some reading up on it and am waiting to hear from consultant. GP doesn't know how to interpret results and said to check with cons! Was neg for lupus etc.

Not sure if they are significant or not? do you think steroids, heparin?, aspirin might help? And can you take these for ttc naturally or would it have to be with next fet?

Sorry so many questions but could do with some help really.

Thanks  :)

Annie xx

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
I THINK speckled ana is associated with tendencies towards connective tissue autoimmune disorders including lupus and sjogrens.  Elevated IgA can have multiple causes but are also associated with autoimmune disorders like lupus and rheumatoid athritis.  Steroids MIGHT help, but your cons might recommend you have further immune fertility tests e.g., NK assay (see the FAQ) as you have identified possible autoimmune issues.

I don't THINK elevated antithrombin levels are supposed to be a problem for fertility.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks very much for your reply agate. I just needed another opinion as my clinic don't advocate immune testing and has taken me a long while to get this far. I will hope foe the best!
xx.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts